News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Writers Thread

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, March 11, 2013, 03:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Harvestdancer

I thought I'd bring back a thread for writers.

I just had a seed planted for a new story.  The problem is, it was one of the more annoying ways a story seed gets planted.  I have the protagonists, I mostly have the genre, but I don't have the plot or any idea of the plot yet.  Argh.

Still working on my film project, turning my book into a film.  Here's the Facebook Group for that project.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Jutter

Right now I'm more into drawing, but that might evolve into a crossover called "illustrated story" later. Working on a film ey? When I'm done with the landscape drawing tutorial, I'll try to do some stuff on concept and storyboard art. The idea is to make it usable for those with little to no drawingskills also.

Okay, not to be a douche, I'll whip out a quick little style exersize. Like a teaser for a story I never wrote. Satirical fantasy.

...exhausted from climbing all this way, thus happy to finally see a face (even if it was an unfamilliar one), the traveler reached out his shaking-hand to greet the grey bearded fellow. "Hello, my name is Wolfgang. What may I call you." After stroking his beard, thinking the question over for bit longer than it deserved with a frown of explicit pondering, the grey bearded one answered.
"Well I call myself Laserfist the Wise... but that won't get you far in these parts. Thing is; everybody else cals me "that crazy old fart up on the mountain".

Wolfgang was starting to wonder if the climb would prove to be worthwhile.
No religion for me thank you very much; I 'm full of shit enough as it is.

Being flabbergasted about existence never made anyone disappear in a poof of flabbergas, so nevermind why we're here. We ARE here.

NitzWalsh

I'm currently working on a few different writing projects. My main one is a fictionalized drama about a lawyer trying to send a pedophile priest to prison. I'm also in school and will likely be including at least a minor in Creative Writing in whatever I do.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

Thumpalumpacus

I enjoy writing.  I've got the obligatory autobiographical novel done, and am working in fits and starts on two other novels, one a continuation of my first -- based on my enlistment -- and the other a suspense-thriller with about ten thousand words done.  I'm kind of in the same boat, insofar as I don't have an ending for it -- but I do have the rest of the plot, and a couple of well-understood characters.
<insert witty aphorism here>

AllPurposeAtheist

One word folks.. EROTICA! Nothing beats a good nail biting fuck story and the ending?.... Think about it. :shock:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

aitm

I believe I have a great, no GREAT setting and story but I shant given it to just anyone, yet, how long must I hold this marvel of an idea until some dip shit fuck finally stumbles upon it?   Alas,,,my misery...
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "aitm"I believe I have a great, no GREAT setting and story but I shant given it to just anyone, yet, how long must I hold this marvel of an idea until some dip shit fuck finally stumbles upon it?   Alas,,,my misery...
The torrid tale of a internet forum admin with a great, no GREAT story and plot, but he continually puts of writing it till some dipshit stumbles on the idea and publishes it first? :lol:

aitm

Actually I have two great books, the second a better movie:
Jessica Alba the victim, tormented by her guilt, she was the perpetrator, so she thought...
Denzel Washington the victim, but the perpetrator of the greater crime,
chained in a basement
rape
then pity sex
then consensual sex
then the truth
then hell to pay the real victim.......oooohhh.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

aitm

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"
Quote from: "aitm"I believe I have a great, no GREAT setting and story but I shant given it to just anyone, yet, how long must I hold this marvel of an idea until some dip shit fuck finally stumbles upon it?   Alas,,,my misery...
The torrid tale of a internet forum admin with a great, no GREAT story and plot, but he continually puts of writing it till some dipshit stumbles on the idea and publishes it first? :lol:

meh,, you've read my musings.. my writing is not much better...

AllPurposeAtheist

It was an educated guess, but it it makes you feel any better I chewed my fingernail off getting to the part of the dipshit... :shock: ...wait..that didn't come out right.. :lol:

aitm

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"It was an educated guess, but it it makes you feel any better I chewed my fingernail off getting to the part of the dipshit... :shock: ...wait..that didn't come out right.. :lol:

your kindness did not go unnoticed.

aitm

I suppose i could give one idea to Nitz and the other to Jason, why not?

One needs some familiarity with reverse mortgages and is a thriller about a disgraced female army gal up against......

the other as mentioned previously is a twister of psychology and murder among the elite and a wannabe actress who commits a hit and run.

Pick one and see the dollar signs roll by in my PM about your first great novel.

NitzWalsh

hehe. I've had a few people telling me their story ideas because they don't have time or patience enough to write. I'd rather avoid doing stuff based on other peoples ideas though so I can keep all the money for myself. Mostly because I'm greedy and money buys happiness.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

the_antithesis

pity sex is awesome.

Jason Harvestdancer

That happened to me.  I was planning on doing for NaNo this year a parody of Twilight, where the marble adonis is a zombie.  And then they went and did a movie about it.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!