Why are so many people afraid to attack Islam?

Started by hilary, July 20, 2015, 05:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hilary

I feel like people attack Christianity alot for it's bullshit, which I happily agree with and do myself, but I also attack Islam and other religions for the bullshit they spew out. Why are so many people afraid to attack Islam?
I am absolutely certain that I do not know, but it might be possible to find out. - Christopher Hitchens

Follow Me! https://twitter.com/imjusthilary

Munch

Quote from: hilary on July 20, 2015, 05:27:27 AM
I feel like people attack Christianity alot for it's bullshit, which I happily agree with and do myself, but I also attack Islam and other religions for the bullshit they spew out. Why are so many people afraid to attack Islam?

well your certainly not find people here that are afraid to call islam on the horrendous acts of depravity they commit, infact its an easy comparison to how christianity was centuries ago to how islam is now.

I think the problem comes from the international aspect of it, since islam is central in a country far from western countries, unlike christianity which is now centralized in the west, so its less attacked by people in western countries for what they do maybe because its just an accepted fallacy that its their way of life?

I dunno though, this could use a little more context and comparison.

I am subscribed to someone on youtube who spends every video he uploads speaking the truth about islam and what it does when it pushes its way into western culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N46mIHEGHN0
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

hilary

Yes, I suppose that could be it actually. It probably is the reason.
If people don't attack it because theyre ignorant of it, then I understand.
but if it's because one if afraid, that shouldnt be an issue.
I am absolutely certain that I do not know, but it might be possible to find out. - Christopher Hitchens

Follow Me! https://twitter.com/imjusthilary

pr126

We are told by our leaders and the media all the time that Islam is peace.
Islam does not pose any danger whatsoever.

Those few who murder, bomb, rape and taking slaves are not Muslims, and it is not True Islam TM.

I believe them. And so should you.
Only racists, bigots, haters and Islamophobes think otherwise.

QuoteWhy are so many people afraid to attack Islam?
Because they kill you if you do. (peacefully of course.)

SGOS

It seems like fewer people are afraid to attack Islam today than 5 years ago.  But no matter the general feeling, Islam will always have non-Islamic supporters.

dtq123

A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Baruch

I don't support political Islam etc because I don't support politics in general and religious politics in particular.  Politically, I consider the Catholic Church to be as big a threat as Islam.  I see non-political religion as cultural and psychological.  In that aspect, I can't be against it, anymore than I can be against Romantic Art.  Rationalist atheism is ... artistically ... hyper-Classical Art.  It didn't become popular even as a minority opinion, before the so-called Enlightenment.  Of course it is rational .. in a place like Pakistan .. to be afraid to criticize Islam .. as it is rational in the US to criticize Islam.  There won't be much official condemnation though ... because the West is dependent on Iranian and Saudi oil.  Similarly there won't be much criticism of Russia in Germany, because they are dependent on Russian gas.  How fearlessly can you criticize, if you have no gas for winter, or no petrol for getting to work?  It is easy to criticize Nazis from the US in 1941, not so much from within Germany.  There is much criticism of Islam in the church and synagogue ... but then that is partisanship that y'all won't notice.  Unfortunately the critical position is undermined, by linking to that British guy in the Youtube .. he is a regular bigot.  Better to link to Trump on immigration ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

I find the question pretty odd. Where do you live? In a cave? Because they kill people.

See, muslim extremists do not have the power to create an international policy and build a culture around it to turn their massacres into some 'war against terrorism'. They also do not have the military technology to annihilate people in masses, so they just cut heads one by one or strap bombs to themselves.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

pr126

They are not extremist.

They are devout believers practising their religion as it was commanded by the founder, the prophet Muhammad, following the Quran and Sunna.

They would be extremist if they did all of these atrocities CONTRARY  to the teachings of their religion.

Munch

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on July 20, 2015, 09:42:43 AM
I see Mr. Churchill had never heard of Judaism...

probably not no, decades before the internet, and information only confine to books and newspapers

pr126

Careful there, quoting Churchill can get you arrested.

He was an islamophobe.
No wonder Obama sent his bust back to the UK.

Baruch

I like Winston Churchill too ... but he was anything but progressive.  He was at least an agnostic if not an atheist.  Nothing religious about him ... but he was probably too politic to say anything regarding the Anglican Church ;-)  His opposition to Islam had to do with their unreasonable resistance to British imperialism.  But then he was no T E Lawrence ... who went native.

Winston was an old fashioned colonial warmonger ... in India, Iraq, Sudan, South Africa.  Having made a strong name for himself, he proceeded to blow it all during WW I at Gallipoli.  After that he was a political historian of fine wit and turn of phrase ... until the British government, who had internally exiled him, recalled him temporarily (he was thrown out by the voters themselves in 1945 as soon as the war was over).  Their greatest hero, unceremoniously thrown on the dust heap of history.  He helped Joe Stalin create the Cold War (this was part of his ongoing war against Bolshevism that dated back thirty years earlier) and failed to reverse the devolution of Empire.  Then spent his remaining years as a crank.  I love him ... one of the most successful failures in history ... an inspiration!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

kilodelta

I'd be too scared to even type "Islam is shit" or "people have committed acts of violence in the name of Islam and with Islamic beliefs that the violence is a good thing."

I would be way too scared to type out "fuck Islam."
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know