News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Now THIS is a miracle!

Started by trdsf, July 18, 2015, 05:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Bloom County.  It's back.

Actually, I'm not sure which is the larger miracle: that Bloom County is back, or that it provides the first reason I've seen to actually visit Facebook...
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

the_antithesis

What? Again?

Honestly, he was starting to lose it towards the end of the original run. This was made obvious when he started a spin-off strip starring the worst character he'd created and had to bring Opus in later to keep the readership up.

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

trdsf

Quote from: the_antithesis on July 18, 2015, 10:10:09 AM
What? Again?

Honestly, he was starting to lose it towards the end of the original run. This was made obvious when he started a spin-off strip starring the worst character he'd created and had to bring Opus in later to keep the readership up.
Our local didn't carry Outland, so I never got to see it, but yeah, it wasn't the same.  This looks like he's gotten his original attitude back.

And why now?  Well, there was this exchange under the first new strip to be posted:
Quote from: Berkeley Breathed's Facbook Page
Larry Warshall (a fan): Dear Mr. Breathed.With Donald Trump returning to the Political Spectum, I believe it is only fitting. I have missed you guys.

Berkeley Breathed: This creator can't precisely deny that the chap you mention had nothing to do with it.

Now if we can only coax Bill Watterson and Gary Larson out of retirement...
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Solitary

These are true miracles, and way better than turning water into wine, or a staff into a snake. https://youtu.be/JXEiKPxCSdA If ancient magicians did this they would be gods now.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.