A win for science in California

Started by trdsf, July 16, 2015, 02:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Score one for Governor Jerry Brown and the California legislature: they have just banned personal and religious exemptions from the standard vaccination series.  And score one for science!  Because vaccination works, and prayer doesn't.

EDIT: Fixed the link
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

The anti-vaxxers are already trying to repeal it. 

But hey, at least it got them to gather 'round.  If everything works out, they'll all come down with some easily preventable disease and eventually put two and two together.

platatomi

Happy to see this, kudos to them for making the logical choice. Can you believe Mississippi and West Virginia are the only other states that do not have exemptions for religious or personal reasons?

Sal1981

Somehow I greedily want the anti-vaxxers to "see the light" by getting sick by a disease there's a vaccine for. A taste of the cost of their ignorance.

BTW, why do you have a link to the New Horizons in the OP?

trdsf

Quote from: Sal1981 on July 16, 2015, 03:34:01 AM
Somehow I greedily want the anti-vaxxers to "see the light" by getting sick by a disease there's a vaccine for. A taste of the cost of their ignorance.

BTW, why do you have a link to the New Horizons in the OP?
Aw, spit.  I was sharing a link to that elsewhere... lemme fix that.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

doorknob

glad some one wised up to this anti vax shit. The shear stupidity boggles the mind.

Draconic Aiur

NakedTracyBlack

Anti-Vaxxers are basically saying "I'd rather have a dead kid than an autistic one"  (While ignoring the fact that vaccinations don't cause Autism)

Solitary

Tracy, put your clothes back on!  :eek:  :naughty: :biggrin2:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.