News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

"Gay people stole rainbow from god!"

Started by drunkenshoe, July 13, 2015, 07:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

http://bluenationreview.com/christian-councilman-says-gay-people-stole-rainbows-from-christians/

QuoteA conservative California city councilman is accusing the LGBT community of stealing the rainbow from God.
Please take a moment to process this.
According to the Daily Pilot, Scott Peotter, a councilman from Newport Beach, wrote in an email blast that the “homosexuals” have co-opted a symbol of the Lord:
“I do find it interesting that the homosexual movement adopted the rainbow as their symbol, as it was God’s symbol that he wouldn’t destroy the world by flood again. … Maybe they are wishful thinking.”
Incredible.
He later clarified his email to the Daily Pilot:
“The homosexual movement is taking a symbol that was meant for something else and is corrupting it for their use. The people that are out there criticizing me for [the email] are leading the cry for no name calling and tolerance, but they’re intolerant of any view but their own.”
Fascinating.
Well, there go precious grains of sand in the hourglass of my allotted time here on this miserable planet.
I’m especially offended with the mention of the flood. As a survivor of Catholic school, I know exactly what Peotter is talking about.
God is definitely not going to flood the planet over homosexuality. Homosexuality has nothing to do with weather phenomena. If God sent so much as a single rain cloud every time a gay guy had sex, Grindr would have brought about the end times by now.
Anyway, we didn’t steal the rainbow flag from Christians. And even if we did, Christianity would have some nerve pointing fingers and accusing someone else of theft. The pagans would like to have a word with you on the day you chose for Christmas.
But that’s neither here nor there.

"Homosexual movement"... is the other high point I guess.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Shiranu

"“I do find it interesting that the Christian movement adopted the rainbow as their symbol, as it was Iris' mode of transportation between the Heavens and Earth … Maybe they are wishful thinking about their God's wrath.”

“The Christian movement is taking a symbol that was meant for something else and is corrupting it for their use. The people that are out there criticizing me for [the email] are leading the cry for no name calling and tolerance, but they’re intolerant of any view but their own.”
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

QuoteHomosexuality has nothing to do with weather phenomena.
Quick, someone tell Pat Robertson and the other Christians who apparently think that homosexuality damages our "God shield" (some sort of metaphysical barrier that protects the US from disaster, but only we if we appease God, whose views seem to bizarrely align with the Religious Right)

Solitary

What is wrong with people that think like this? For some reason they think there is a connection between delusions and reality that I can't fathom, and I'm glad I can't.  :wall:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

dtq123

Surprised  KingJ hasn't picked up on this.
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Munch

Fuck off Christians, we didn't steal from you (unlike all the cultures you stole from), we stole it from the leprechauns

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

AllPurposeAtheist

That's nothing. .I stole the denture symbol from the ADA for the Tooth Fairy!   
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Draconic Aiur

how can u steal a rainbow/? its impossible! lmao!

Baruch

By this point, rainbow or not ... people should realize that Christians are Greco-Roman pagans in disguise.  Not that there is anything wrong with that ... except when they die they will be stuck on the wrong side of the Styx river, unable to pay Charon, because nobody put a coin in/on their corpse to pay the ferryman ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

The actual physics that make the rainbow is much more exciting and interesting to me than the Biblical account.  Even as a little kid, I remember receiving the miracles of the Bible with an emotionally flat acceptance.  Here my parents well telling me about a miracle, a fucking miracle, mind you.  And I'm just, "Oh, that's nice...," while I'm playing with my toy truck.  But the actual physical dynamics of a rainbow are really major cool.

Quote“The homosexual movement is taking a symbol that was meant for something else and is corrupting it for their use. The people that are out there criticizing me for [the email] are leading the cry for no name calling and tolerance, but they’re intolerant of any view but their own.”

Good grief!  What a boring man.  "Bla, bla, bla.  Get your underwear in a knot.  The gays have taken a mythical symbol created by goat herders and their immense ignorance of physics, and made a flag out of it!  They stole it.  They Stole It I Tell You!"

Well fuck him.  It's rainbow, and you don't have to be a superstitious believer to think it's cool enough to adopt for your own.  The truth is, it's not from God, and nobody is stealing anything.  Who are the dopey voters that pay for this clown to speak ignorant bullshit?

Munch

Quote from: SGOS on July 18, 2015, 07:15:14 AM

Good grief!  What a boring man.  "Bla, bla, bla.  Get your underwear in a knot.  The gays have taken a mythical symbol created by goat herders and their immense ignorance of physics, and made a flag out of it!  They stole it.  They Stole It I Tell You!"

Well fuck him.  It's rainbow, and you don't have to be a superstitious believer to think it's cool enough to adopt for your own.  The truth is, it's not from God, and nobody is stealing anything.  Who are the dopey voters that pay for this clown to speak ignorant bullshit?

I can honestly imagine clueless fuckers like these trying to sue the gay community claiming they stole the rainbow, claiming it belongs to God.

This would mean they would have to scientifically prove God is real and has a legal document proving be owns the rainbow.

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on July 18, 2015, 07:32:36 AM
I can honestly imagine clueless fuckers like these trying to sue the gay community claiming they stole the rainbow, claiming it belongs to God.

Well, the direction this Christian outrage is going, it wouldn't surprise me, although the law suit will probably come from some lonely old lady living in a house full of cats.

ApostateLois

Why do they act as if homosexuality is a new thing? It's been around since humans have existed. Before then, actually, since it is readily observable in the animal kingdom. Christians think that people are suddenly deciding to be gay as a new way to piss off God.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Munch

Quote from: ApostateLois on August 10, 2015, 12:04:53 PM
Why do they act as if homosexuality is a new thing? It's been around since humans have existed. Before then, actually, since it is readily observable in the animal kingdom. Christians think that people are suddenly deciding to be gay as a new way to piss off God.

Just remember, these are people who thinks the earth is 6000 years old, and that mankind started when God made man and made women from his rib.
They think everything is in bible is either completely true or metaphorically true, and so since it only paints homosexuals as being deviants against gods will, they think it's either the work of the devil or something similar.

Essentially it's playground rules where the bratty child makes up the rules, and another kid does his own thing, so they throw a tantrum