News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

can anyone translate this?

Started by GrinningYMIR, July 07, 2015, 09:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerard

trdsf

I notice the paragraph starts with a 2. -- was there a first paragraph, in the same character set?
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

drunkenshoe

Is that some sort of Sanskrit?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Or could it be a personal alphabet code? I had two by the time I was 13. One was easy pretty much the replicate of my mother language in different symbols, other was more complicated with only singular signs to certain words, diferent amount of letters to certain voices -mixing it from other real languages that I know of a few sound- so it wouldn't be solved easily.

Why not? Designing an alphabet is a really fun thing to do. A lot of people do it.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

trdsf

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 16, 2015, 05:44:20 AM
Or could it be a personal alphabet code? I had two by the time I was 13. One was easy pretty much the replicate of my mother language in different symbols, other was more complicated with only singular signs to certain words, diferent amount of letters to certain voices -mixing it from other real languages that I know of a few sound- so it wouldn't be solved easily.

Why not? Designing an alphabet is a really fun thing to do. A lot of people do it.
That's the thing - if it's just another alphabet, even if it has more letters to represent diphthongal sounds, should still be amenable to frequency analysis.  It's hard to do with a graphic file; I'm going to need to hand-copy the individual characters to get a frequency chart since it's an image and not a font.  Of course, if we had the font, we'd have the direct mapping (unless they were deliberately jiggered around).
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

drunkenshoe

Quote from: trdsf on July 17, 2015, 12:33:05 AM
That's the thing - if it's just another alphabet, even if it has more letters to represent diphthongal sounds, should still be amenable to frequency analysis.  It's hard to do with a graphic file; I'm going to need to hand-copy the individual characters to get a frequency chart since it's an image and not a font.  Of course, if we had the font, we'd have the direct mapping (unless they were deliberately jiggered around).

Agreed. It looks difficult though.

May be she left some hints? Any kind of. I mean, you don't leave a message if you really don't want it to be understood at some point. There must be something. Otherwise, it is silly.

Draconic Aiur

Khazarian Rovas is the closest i gotten

Gerard

Could it be Reformed Egyptian?

Gerard

Gerard

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on July 17, 2015, 07:10:22 AM
Khazarian Rovas is the closest i gotten
I've seen that. That's not it. I don't think it's related to Futhark kind of things.