Ready for a bumpy ride again?

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, July 08, 2015, 01:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

1. Greece and the EU
2 China's stock market in free fall
AND 3.. The NYSE suspended trading because of a "technical glitch".

Anyone ready for 2007.2?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Atheon

Hope the Greek crisis doesn't negatively affect my upcoming vacation to Greece....
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Solitary

Good luck with that Atheon!  Hope you have a terrific vacation.  :super:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Atheon on July 08, 2015, 01:11:52 PM
Hope the Greek crisis doesn't negatively affect my upcoming vacation to Greece....
Just remember to pack plenty of lawyers guns and money. .Greek vacation now?  Good luck. .

Munch

Sometimes I wish I was an evil mastermind, so I can attached thrusters around the uk and scotland and lift it into the air, moving it into the phantom zone.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

aitm

Quote from: Atheon on July 08, 2015, 01:11:52 PM
Good luck. You won't catch me within 1000 miles of that part of the world anymore. Too many nut jobs.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

aitm

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 08, 2015, 01:06:58 PM
1. Greece and the EU
2 China's stock market in free fall
AND 3.. The NYSE suspended trading because of a "technical glitch".

Anyone ready for 2007.2?
yeah, still haven't recovered from that one yet. Luckily I have about one year of work on the books already, but since some of it is public money, it could go shit itself at any time.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

aitm

Actually I was able to ride that through all the way to 10 and then I got crushed through 12 and now just getting back in order.

Baruch

I really enjoyed Greece in 1983 for two weeks.  That was back when the ruins were new ;-)

My sympathy to all those who have been jackknifed by the economy for the last 15 years.  Keep fighting for what you believe in and want ... until you lose it all.  That is what Greek tragedy is all about.

Hope things turn up, and turn out for the best.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

hrdlr110

Quote from: Munch on July 08, 2015, 01:27:55 PM
Sometimes I wish I was an evil mastermind, so I can attached thrusters around the uk and scotland and lift it into the air, moving it into the phantom zone.

*Posted from the phantom zone
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

AllPurposeAtheist

Well. ..if you really want to feel queezy the Chinese government just decided to ban major stock holders from selling stock for the next 6 months meaning that if their holdings go to shit then tough shit. .Any holder of more than 5% is flat out stuck. . Now THAT'S free market economics..Everything is peaches till it isn't then toss em in prison for trying to not end up totally broke and destitute..
China bans major shareholders from selling their stakes for next six months
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/09/china-bans-major-shareholders-from-selling-their-stakes-for-next-six-months

Savior2006

How much you wanna bet if we get another economic crisis it'll be blamed on Obama or gay marriage?
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Savior2006 on July 09, 2015, 11:12:07 AM
How much you wanna bet if we get another economic crisis it'll be blamed on Obama or gay marriage?
We've been in an economic crisis forever because without it nobody would ever become elected to political office

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

AllPurposeAtheist

Bette Davis should have run for office. She'd have been a great politician. .Ruthless and mean as a snake. .