News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

can anyone translate this?

Started by GrinningYMIR, July 07, 2015, 09:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

Can ANYONE translate this POS? MY friend sent it to me and she's teasing me with it. Can anyone even identify it?
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

trdsf

Hrm.  Though it was Cherokee, and it has some characters in common, but it has a lot that aren't.  Have you tried a frequency analysis?

If it's a simple substitution code, only two characters appear alone, which suggests (assuming both a straight one-to-one mapping and that it's encoded English) they would be 'A' and 'I'.  If some of the characters stand for sounds (th, sh, ch -- for which there is no single character in English) it becomes more complicated, but it also offers an immediate nominee for the word 'the', as there's a digraph that appears thrice.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Atheon

It resembles Armenian, but it's not. My guess is that it's a simple substitution cipher. On the 3rd line is a word that starts with two of the same letter. In English (with rare exception), that means it's likely an E or an O. Maybe "oops", since "eels" is unlikely.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

GrinningYMIR

Thanks guys, my friend wrote this all and supposedly its a message for me. But she knows I can't translate it easily
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

trdsf

And it's not Shavian either; that looks more like the standard Western alphabet.  I've been poking around Omniglot and haven't found it yet.  It is an interesting puzzle, yes.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Draconic Aiur

I dont know but it does have omegas in it. So relation to Ancient Greek? Armenian alphabet was created by the man who created the Gregorian Alphabet, Mesrop Mashtots, which was based off of Ancient Greek.

dtq123

A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

PickelledEggs

SoldierofFortune

it looks like bangladesh alphabet.

Draconic Aiur

Oh man the 1st letter seems so familiar but I don't know where its from.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on July 11, 2015, 06:50:24 PM
Oh man the 1st letter seems so familiar but I don't know where its from.
Isn't it gobbeldegook?  From Ultima II?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 11, 2015, 06:52:59 PM
Isn't it gobbeldegook?  From Ultima II?
stop trolling it isnt working.

Gerard

Looks a bit like Georgian......

Solomon Zorn

If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Draconic Aiur