What is the single most stupid argument for the existence of God you ever heard?

Started by 1liesalot, July 06, 2015, 09:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

The pic Munch posted -and the event- was a surprise for me. At first sight, I honestly thought she meant that the beauty of a sunset feels so 'divine', how can we doubt it. Yeah, well that was naive of me.  :sad2:
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Atheon - "God created man. Man exists. Therefore god exists." is typical circular logic theology.  But better is ... "People collectively created gods.  Gods exist.  Therefore people collectively exist.  However even if only as ideas, these gods create a feedback loop on the people ... which is aptly described by your statement ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

KingJ

Quote from: Solitary on July 06, 2015, 11:32:34 AM
I don't know if this is the stupidest one I heard, but it still is. "Their is beauty in the world is proof there is a God."  Never mind that it is a non sequitur in logic and sound thinking.   So, therefore, there is ugliness in the world is also proof of God, I told her.

What is ugly?

TomFoolery

How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

KingJ

Quote from: TomFoolery on July 06, 2015, 11:39:53 AM
In the end, she pulled my husband aside and made overtures about how he should reevaluate our marriage.
I can imagine that sux. Outside influence on something you don't have control over is annoying. My sister married an atheist. I have told her many times that the Christian sticks at it. At the end of the day they chose you as you are. You chose your husband with his belief. I have a scripture you can give your aunt if she harasses you again.

KingJ

QuoteWhat is the best argument for the existence of God you ever heard?

What about a beating heart?

Termin

Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

TomFoolery

How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Atheon

A few others:

Of course god exists. How could he not exist?
Look at the trees!
Tide goes in, tide goes out.
The banana is just the right shape for the human mouth.
If god didn't exist, there would be no need for Jesus to die for our sins.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

JBCuzISaidSo

It’s a strange myth that atheists have nothing to live for. It’s the opposite. We have nothing to die for. We have everything to live for.
-- Ricky Gervais

Listen, Big Deal, we've got a bigger problem here. Women always figure out the truth. Always.
--Han Solo, The Force Awakens

JBCuzISaidSo

Quote from: Atheon on July 07, 2015, 01:09:46 PM
A few others:

Of course god exists. How could he not exist?
Look at the trees!
Tide goes in, tide goes out.
If god didn't exist, there would be no need for Jesus to die for our sins.

I like that last one, makes me smile!
It’s a strange myth that atheists have nothing to live for. It’s the opposite. We have nothing to die for. We have everything to live for.
-- Ricky Gervais

Listen, Big Deal, we've got a bigger problem here. Women always figure out the truth. Always.
--Han Solo, The Force Awakens

TomFoolery

Quote from: Atheon on July 07, 2015, 01:09:46 PM
A few others:
The banana is just the right shape for the human mouth.

Then what's the deal with watermelons?