What is the single most stupid argument for the existence of God you ever heard?

Started by 1liesalot, July 06, 2015, 09:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

You don't want to know what we called cherry cobbler back in the day in Junior High ;-)  You don't "get me" and I get that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

widdershins

I wouldn't say there was any "single stupidest" reason I have ever heard.  I would have to say the answer to the question for me would be "ANYTHING in the Watchtower".  I have a friend who has been trying to convert me for years and I've tried to read a few of the articles, but every one of them is the same.  They start with the assumption that God is real or the Bible is truth then use that to prove that you can really get to Heaven and, if you can really get to Heaven that certainly proves that God is real, right?  It's circular logic at its dumbest.  Essentially the reason for believing that God is real is this:  For the sake of this argument, let's assume God is real.  Now, given that God is real, the Bible is truth, right?  Okay.  Well, the Bible says right here that God is real and there's your proof!

Also, anywhere there's a '...' in a Watchtower I've learned to look for the part of the quote they've cut out which makes the quote say exactly the OPPOSITE of what they're portraying it as saying.
This sentence is a lie...