News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

4th of July Cookout

Started by PopeyesPappy, July 04, 2015, 03:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

All that food looks really, really good! 

But I must confess--I HATE July 4th, and have for some time now.  Why?  Because my two current furry children are completely and totally terrified--so for 5 hrs last night they shook like a leaf with the look of terror in their eyes.  They were even drugged--and glued to me and my wife.  But I do realize that there really is nothing I can do--just be there with them.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mermaid

Dogs or cats? It's so hard when they're scared like that. :(

Acepromazine isn't that great for anxiety. There has to be something better but that's what people generally prescribe. Have you ever thought about the Thundershirt? People swear by them.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Draconic Aiur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mermaid on July 05, 2015, 08:45:04 PM
Dogs or cats? It's so hard when they're scared like that. :(

Acepromazine isn't that great for anxiety. There has to be something better but that's what people generally prescribe. Have you ever thought about the Thundershirt? People swear by them.
Dogs.  We have seen the thundershirt advertised, but have not gotten any yet.  We have an 80lb sheppard and a 12 lb Chi.  The Chi hates--and I mean hates!--any type of clothing.  In the winter he gets cold, cold, cold.  I have put several type of sweater on him and he turns wooden--he walks stiff legged and looks at me with those huge liquid eyes telling me what a torture master I am. :)  So, for that reason we have not gotten the little guy one.  It may work for the big one though.  I finally wrapped the little guy in his favorite quilt (yes, a quilt--my wife quilts so he has his own small quilt) and held him until he could finally sleep.  Hopefully, the fireworks will be much quieter.  But they will continue for another week or so. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl