How long before Yahweh starts punishing America for legalizing gay marriage?

Started by Ace101, July 02, 2015, 02:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtq123

Quote from: Munch on July 03, 2015, 04:18:56 PM
Eew, I just thought, when Pat Robertson gets raptured, he'll be naked..
So Clothes do go to heaven! Time to burn them robes!
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

trdsf

Quote from: Ace101 on July 02, 2015, 02:05:09 AM
How long before the earthquakes, tornados, and hurricanes start, which Pat Robertson and the like predicted? Or for that matter, how long before the rapture and armageddon?
Funny how those hurricanes never hit San Francisco, Boston, Amsterdam, you know, the usual suspects.

In fact, most hurricanes seem to hit in and around the Bible Belt... wonder why that's never considered a sign?
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

1liesalot

Quote from: Johan on July 02, 2015, 06:37:45 AM
There was an earthquake in Michigan two days ago. I didn't feel it but several people in my office did. Apparently god now is sending earthquakes that only his followers can feel.

This stands to reason. It's probably the start of The Rapture, in which case only the Righteous can detect the earth moving.

Munch

Quote from: trdsf on July 03, 2015, 04:54:35 PM
Funny how those hurricanes never hit San Francisco, Boston, Amsterdam, you know, the usual suspects.

In fact, most hurricanes seem to hit in and around the Bible Belt... wonder why that's never considered a sign?

oh because if god sends storms and earthquakes to destroy those heathen places, he is condemning them to hell, but if he sends them to the bible belt, its because he wants to bring his children up to heaven with him.

its kind of entertaining when you know exactly how Christians think, I feel like I should open a day care.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

trdsf ... the folks down there ... ain't too good with geography, seeing as how pubic education is something they mis-pronounce and therefore like to avoid in error.  Unfortunately Much's response after yours is far more accurate and less creative then mine.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Ace101

Quote from: trdsf on July 03, 2015, 04:54:35 PM

Maybe it's a sign that a lot of homophobic Christians are closet homos themselves

Unbeliever

This land has been punished since 1492, when some idiot Christian stumbled across it.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

butt.taimur

Blackleaf

Write a serious answer to a rhetorical question? Don't mind if I do!

Disclaimer: I am not a Christian, but I am very familiar with the Bible. For the sake of the argument, I will assume the Bible is true.

Actually, I'm not so sure the Bible is against gay marriage, or homosexuality in general. Some verses seem to give that impression, but there is definitely room for doubt. For instance, it is commonly assumed that the city of Sodom was destroyed for the homosexuality that existed within it. However, a careful examination into the context of the story doesn't support that. First of all, the only reason given for the city's destruction was that the people were generally evil. They were especially bad to foreigners, whom they would rape, not out of sexual interest, but to shame the foreigners and show their power over them. This may be the reason behind Leviticus' law against men sleeping with other men: it's connection to rape. Also, it is important to note that many Levitical laws are no longer practiced by Christians, because they believe that they are no longer valid today. One cannot give special emphasis to one law and ignore the others that came with it.

As for New Testament prohibitions against homosexuality, the verses commonly referred to by Conservative Christians are very vague and open to interpretation. The interpretations we see in English Bibles may be more of a reflection of the interpreter's bias than the intention of the original author.

In short, God may not even be against gay marriage anyway. After all, the Bible also tells us that God appoints governmental leaders (Rom 13:1), and we have no reason to think that America is the exception to the rule. So God appointed the leaders who approved gay marriage.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Atheon

Bibble sez don't lie with a man as with a woman. Keyword: "lie". Not "fuck". So fucking is OK, blowjobs are OK, etc.; it's just "lying" that's forbidden. As for lesbians, the bibble is totally OK, because they don't lie with men in the first place.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Munch on July 03, 2015, 04:18:56 PM
Eew, I just thought, when Pat Robertson gets raptured, he'll be naked..

And he has to stay like that, even once he's inside the pearly gates....

Does that mean hell is heaven all along?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: butt.taimur on July 09, 2015, 12:15:33 AM
Atheists are so silly

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk

Nice name lol Too bad I had to give you the boot.