And

Use

Enter!

Seriously though, it's nice to have more women! :P
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

MinMin

Lol, sorry. My posts are sort of like a huge, insurmountable text book paragraph.

I'll

Work

On

Using

Enter

:)

Solomon Zorn

Hi, Min.

I too was in the Church of Christ. I even went to a Church of Christ Bible-college, for a couple of years. Were you with the "instrumental" or "non-instrumental" branch?
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Blackleaf

Heya, Emily. I'm also new here. Although my journey to get here was a bit different, I know what it's like to be surrounded by people of faith and holding your tongue just to keep the peace. My family is all Christian, and half of them are Pentecostal. Yeah... But I have noticed that Christians make up both the best and the worst of people. The worsts are the ones who only apply their Biblical knowledge when it's telling others how they should live their lives. The bests are the ones who apply it to themselves. I don't think that you should pity the latter. They make up the kindest, most generous, most trustworthy, most emotionally healthy, and most respectful people I've met. But unfortunately, they are vastly outnumbered by the former.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 08, 2015, 11:50:27 PM
Heya, Emily. I'm also new here. Although my journey to get here was a bit different, I know what it's like to be surrounded by people of faith and holding your tongue just to keep the peace. My family is all Christian, and half of them are Pentecostal. Yeah... But I have noticed that Christians make up both the best and the worst of people. The worsts are the ones who only apply their Biblical knowledge when it's telling others how they should live their lives. The bests are the ones who apply it to themselves. I don't think that you should pity the latter. They make up the kindest, most generous, most trustworthy, most emotionally healthy, and most respectful people I've met. But unfortunately, they are vastly outnumbered by the former.
Welcome, Blackleaf.  It's good you have some good influences in your life. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

MinMin

Solomon: non instrumental
Black leaf: please don't take this as condescending , but I ESPECIALLY pity the latter. its a shame for people that genuine to live their lives with their head in the sand. I can relate to what your saying. My grandparents were the furthest thing from hypocrites. They lived by that book they applied it to their lives like no one else Ive ever seen. But for what? To live a beautiful lie? I'm sorry id rather face an ugly truth than to live pretty lies. Maybe that's just me. Also I'm pissed that as good of people as my gparents were they lived their lives serving a lie. Serving this magic man in the sky. Its a huge injustice and absolutely pitiful

Solomon Zorn

I was with the "instrumental" branch. The "non-instrumentalists" had a church right across the street. I didn't find our congregation to be very strict. In fact, at the time, I thought they were too lukewarm about their faith. I wanted to be serving God all the time, and they were more into socializing. As I look back, I was pretty immature, albeit sincere.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com