News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

Quote from: "rickcopeland648"Does it have the same cast as the second part or are they going to change it again?

I don't know. Wikipedia didn't say. Even if it did, it would likely be subject to change by the time it got in front of a camera. These movies are the pinnacle of a vanity project and that they keep making them when the previous one just doesn't make any money is ridiculous.

Hydra009

Quote from: "the_antithesis"These movies are the pinnacle of a vanity project and that they keep making them when the previous one just doesn't make any money is ridiculous.
It's almost like they were made by someone who didn't understand how capitalism works.  :P

AllPurposeAtheist

The Brady Bunch is due for a remake... I'm guessing in a Twilight series based on a Star Trek episode inspired by John Denver of Gilligan's Island starring Justin Bieber as Greg.. :roll:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Quote from: "Hydra009"
Quote from: "the_antithesis"These movies are the pinnacle of a vanity project and that they keep making them when the previous one just doesn't make any money is ridiculous.
It's almost like they were made by someone who didn't understand how capitalism works.  :P
:rollin:

rickcopeland648

Quote from: "the_antithesis"
Quote from: "rickcopeland648"Does it have the same cast as the second part or are they going to change it again?

I don't know. Wikipedia didn't say. Even if it did, it would likely be subject to change by the time it got in front of a camera. These movies are the pinnacle of a vanity project and that they keep making them when the previous one just doesn't make any money is ridiculous.

Yeah, but The Rick Copeland has to admit that if he were a gaziliionaire he'd finance a shot-by-shot re-make of all three of them. Maybe with the all wee folk or Down Syndrome cast... Or maybe Down Syndrome wee folk...

But it is funny when you make a movie extolling the free market andthe free market tells you to fuck off..
"It was then I understood my mission. I knew I must overthrow the white man and all he stood for. But that would not be easy. I would need the help from my organizing brothers and sisters. But most of all, I\'d need the help of Allah. All thanks be to Allah, praise be his sweet and blessed name."
   -- From "Dreams From my Father: The Unexpurgated Version THEY don\'t Want You To Read". By B. Obama Hussein, Forward By Jerome Corsi"

"Syphilis is the algebra of infection."

Notthesun

End of Watch - It was intense, and as always I Jake Gylenhoweveryouspellit is awesome.

Final Grade: B+
Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

Shiranu

Going to watch the LotR movies for the first time, I'll tell y'all what I think.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Sal1981

Cloud Atlas - 9/10

Very good movie, complex.

caseagainstfaith

Quote from: "Shiranu"Going to watch the LotR movies for the first time, I'll tell y'all what I think.

Really??? You seem to watch about everything.
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

Sal1981

Planet Hulk

6/10 - slightly entertaining. Gimmicky characters and story; traditional Marvel.

Shiranu

Quote from: "caseagainstfaith"
Quote from: "Shiranu"Going to watch the LotR movies for the first time, I'll tell y'all what I think.

Really??? You seem to watch about everything.

Oddly enough, I didn't really watch movies till about a year and a half ago (I would see them in the theatre from time to time, but not buy any). I've just recently started liking movies, and generally watch at least one or two a week to try and catch up with the rest of the world.

LotR: The Fellowship of the Rings
-Since it is the first in a series, I will cut it some slack. I never felt like any scene just went on for too long.
-I found the soundtrack and scenery very awesome, from the peaceful Shire to the awesome Dwarf ruins and the two statues on the river whom's names I cannot remember.
-I didn't find myself hating any of the main characters, which is rare. Don't learn too much about some of them, so that could change though. Even the "bad" fellowship member's "badness" is understandable, given he wants to protect his people.
-The fight involving the fellowship along the river is awesome, and I love how much of a bad ass Sean Bean is in it near the end.
-The Dwarf city fight is also bad ass.

Con:
-How did Gandolf teleport through the roof of Isengard?
-Why don't they just use birds to fly to Morodor (besides the obvious; they are just too badass)?
-Why is Agent Smith high as fuck, thinking he is an elf and shit?
-Is Frodo a moron? Like, "HEY GUIZ, I HAZ DIS RING, ANYONE WANT IT!?!?!". What about, "This ring will tempt and destroy people" are you having such a fucking hard time understanding?

Overall, I give it an 8.75 out of 10.

LotR: The Two Towers

-Gandolf the White is bad ass, even if it feels like a Jesus reference.
-Helm's Deep is bad ass.
-The Ente's are funny and bad ass, even if the Isengard battle is too short.
-The scene with the King of Rohan and Wormtongue was bad ass.
-Sam's speech at the end of the movie is bad ass.
-Arwen's speech with her father and his responses are bad ass.
-This movie is bad ass.
-And again, the scenery and the music is bad ass.

Cons:
-Gandolf, Arragon... the whole, "OMG THEY ARE DEAD!!! LOLJK!" is kinda annoying and predictable. But oh well.
-I don't know if Faramir dies at the end, or they mean his life is forfeit in that he loses his title, right to live in Gondor, etc. and that annoys me.

Overall, I give it a 9.40 out of 10.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: "Shiranu"-How did Gandolf teleport through the roof of Isengard?
-Why don't they just use birds to fly to Morodor (besides the obvious; they are just too badass)?
-Why is Agent Smith high as fuck, thinking he is an elf and shit?
-Is Frodo a moron? Like, "HEY GUIZ, I HAZ DIS RING, ANYONE WANT IT!?!?!". What about, "This ring will tempt and destroy people" are you having such a fucking hard time understanding?
1) Magic 2) They'd be easily spotted and killed.  The idea with the hobbits is to sneak the ring in.  3) A glitch in the Matrix  4) Yeah, they're idiots.  And the ring seems to grant emo powers more than anything else.

rickcopeland648

Quote from: "Shiranu"-How did Gandolf teleport through the roof of Isengard?

The Rick Copeland knows what you mean. It's almost as if Gandalf is a wizard or some shit...
"It was then I understood my mission. I knew I must overthrow the white man and all he stood for. But that would not be easy. I would need the help from my organizing brothers and sisters. But most of all, I\'d need the help of Allah. All thanks be to Allah, praise be his sweet and blessed name."
   -- From "Dreams From my Father: The Unexpurgated Version THEY don\'t Want You To Read". By B. Obama Hussein, Forward By Jerome Corsi"

WitchSabrina

Hobbit.
Family bought it for me as a gift since I loved Lord of the Rings.

erm..........  count me a little disappointed in Hobbit.  Not sure why.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

rickcopeland648

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"Hobbit.
Family bought it for me as a gift since I loved Lord of the Rings.

erm..........  count me a little disappointed in Hobbit.  Not sure why.

Perhaps because it's mostly set-up. The Rick Copeland has noticed many who thought "The Hobbit" was dull didn't care for the extended versions of the LotR movies either...