News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Ted Bundy: American Boogieman

I turned it off for a day and came back to it twice, but I knew from the start it was going to be an unimportant film.  For a thing that actually happened, the director and actors could not capture the horror.  The whole thing felt like it was being acted.  I would give it a 1/10.

Gawdzilla Sama

Malignant with Boss Lady. She was impressed.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 15, 2021, 08:14:54 AM
Malignant with Boss Lady. She was impressed.
I'm out the door to see that movie now, mostly on Boss Lady's thoughts.  I was considering that new Marvel movie, but I categorically don't want to watch Kung Fu.  Since it's Marvel, I definately will watch it when it comes out on a disk, but only because it's Marvel.

Draconic Aiur

Vivo

I'll admit I only watched 30mins of it but it was a good family movie.
8/10

SGOS

Malignant - Pretty good as far as horror goes.  It was creepy but was also interesting.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on September 16, 2021, 08:07:14 AM
Malignant - Pretty good as far as horror goes.  It was creepy but was also interesting.
How'd you deal with the anomalies?  Spoilers when needed, please.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 16, 2021, 09:45:09 AM
How'd you deal with the anomalies?  Spoilers when needed, please.
I'm not sure what you mean by anomalies.  I wasn't watching for plot holes.  I was too busy trying to figure out what was going on, and when I finally did, all Hell was breaking loose.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on September 16, 2021, 09:52:10 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by anomalies.  I wasn't watching for plot holes.  I was too busy trying to figure out what was going on, and when I finally did, all Hell was breaking loose.
I spotted three during the first five minutes.
PZ Myers

SGOS

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on September 16, 2021, 09:56:13 AM
Missed them all.
[spoiler]When Gabriel is chasing Sis down the hall you can see his elbows bending in the wrong direction.

Gabriel had a partially developed skeleton, but no X-rays seems to have spotted it. On this trend we have the idea of "two head, one cup (skull)", with what would have been associated compression of one or both brains. [/spoiler]
PZ Myers

Shiranu

Schumacher (Netflix)

Really enjoyed it, basically just chronicling the career of 7-time World Champion F1 driver Michael Schumacher and giving it a bit more context. He was just a little before I had any ability to watch F1, so it's pretty cool getting to see all the drama behind his career other than just the statistics he broke.

Certainly makes me hope that one day his son Mick can get on with a good team and win one in his memory (while he isn't dead, he has been reportedly borderline vegetative for about 8 years now), like his dad he seems to be a really good guy off the track.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

My Regal Cinema is now playing Aquaman 2021.  Is this a replay of the 2018 film, or is it new?  I'm getting conflicting info from Google that his film won't be released until 2022, and Regal is giving out no information about it.  I'm thinking it may be playing just as some kind of pandemic filler.  What description they give sounds just like the origin story of 2018.

aitm

Saw “cry macho” last night. It’s rather boring..not completely uninteresting, but about as entertaining as watching paint dry. Eastwood is old and boy does he play a great job of being old….I mean he nails it…seriously…😁. Anyway, I would not recommend it unless it’s rainy as hell and you have the flu or something and you want something to put you to sleep. Afterwards I wondered why even bother with making this movie….
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Blackleaf

The Mario movie's voice cast was announced today and... Uhh... It's interesting, at least. This is looking to be quite the dumpster fire, but maybe it'll be so bad it's good?

https://youtu.be/dG9fAtmYdlM?t=1710

Skip to 28:30 for the reveal.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

SGOS