News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

As a follow up, I did watch Airplane….still enough chuckles…..
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

Quote from: aitm on July 29, 2021, 07:51:53 PM
As a follow up, I did watch Airplane….still enough chuckles…..
Both of those were classics.

Hydra009

Jungle Cruise 8.5/10.  Surprisingly good.  There were a couple of twists and turns down this river.  Would watch again.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 29, 2021, 10:23:05 PM
Jungle Cruise 8.5/10.  Surprisingly good.  There were a couple of twists and turns down this river.  Would watch again.
Danke. Boss Lady wants to see it. I'm a given as I liked the Jumanji movies.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

It reminded me most of Pirates of the Caribbean, just a bit more upbeat.  Jumanji was more wondrous than adventurous, imho.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 29, 2021, 11:32:45 PM
It reminded me most of Pirates of the Caribbean, just a bit more upbeat.  Jumanji was more wondrous than adventurous, imho.
POVs are POVs.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Shiranu

Not a movie I've seen, but rather one(s) I want to see...

As studios are more and more being allowed to depict heavy violence, I would love to see a movie or series set during the reigns of Vlad III "the Impaler" ... either following his story or at least in Wallachia at the time. Firstly, the setting is just so "alien" to Western Europe (as so much of Eastern Europe is) and secondly it's just a really interesting era of horror, violence and political intrigue... maybe something akin to "The Borgias" or GoT but without the dragons.

Really I just want to see T.V. branch out and start telling tells from Eastern Europe, Africa, Caucasia, India, Russia... there are so many amazing folk-tales and settings that are just made to be told in a modern setting but no one bothers to tell them or to expand on them.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Media in the various countries tell the stories their audience are familiar with. Less "education" needed, more time for mindless violence.
PZ Myers

Shiranu

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 01, 2021, 08:38:09 AM
Media in the various countries tell the stories their audience are familiar with. Less "education" needed, more time for mindless violence.

I suppose so, but how many people really knew much about the political machinations between the various powerful families that made up the Vatican's Cardinals as they attempt to secure Papal power or about 700-A.D. Norwegians getting ready to set to sell for Britain and fuck things up other than just, "Heh, longship go brrrr"?

The lore can be set up within the first 10 minutes before the title card, and them boom bam pow into it we go.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on August 01, 2021, 08:04:04 AMAs studios are more and more being allowed to depict heavy violence, I would love to see a movie or series set during the reigns of Vlad III "the Impaler"
IKR?!  The Teutonic wars, as well.  Or the Vandal empire.  Geiseric the movie could be badass AF, the next Gladiator or Spartacus.

QuoteReally I just want to see T.V. branch out and start telling tells from Eastern Europe, Africa, Caucasia, India, Russia... there are so many amazing folk-tales and settings that are just made to be told in a modern setting but no one bothers to tell them or to expand on them.
Get outta my head!

We are seeing a little bit of this.  Animated family movies are moving further from Western fairy tales into hispanic (I know Spain is western, but you get what I'm saying) and Hawaiian territory in recent years.

drunkenshoe

I've always wanted an uncensored, unglorified, brutally realistic Medici series. Long, detailed, shot in original places. Everrrryything. Make it a series of series. And I'll throw a Catherine de Medici spin with it. I'm sure gore lovers would appericate that too, lol. :p  Hmm... OK, maybe a Michelangelo series to lighten the bunch.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

The Saw Franchise is already beyond my limit.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on August 01, 2021, 10:13:37 AM
The Saw Franchise is already beyond my limit.
Then you're probably not a fan of the Hellraiser movies?
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 01, 2021, 11:03:15 AM
I learned quite a long time ago that I'm a lightweight when it comes to movies.  Hate the Hellraiser type--and horror in general.  Also cannot stand the Old Yeller types, either.  Kill off the main hero character, but never the dog!!  So, my range of movies that appeal to me is pretty limited.  But I did find to my surprise, that I like the John Wick, Jack Reacher, Equalizer type of movies. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 01, 2021, 11:03:15 AM
I have never seen one.  I probably should just as a tolerance check.