News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

I thought this freebee was pretty good. I am sure much liberty with history was taken
[spoiler]I was previously under the impression that Emperor Hirohito was personally lucky that the war-tired Americans decided he would be useful..and well the love story seemed unnecessary but it was charming  :valentine:. [/spoiler]   
PS. I use Brave browser so no annoying interruptions...ever ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POOxe1jvKoE

Gawdzilla Sama

That's my area, one of them anyway, so if you have questions...
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

We watched the elephant man, for the first time.
Amazing piece of cinema.
Dad would not let me see it when I was very little. Think as a child I might have had nightmares. Probably wouldn't have appreciated it neither.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Cassia

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on February 21, 2021, 04:01:42 PM
We watched the elephant man, for the first time.
Amazing piece of cinema.
Dad would not let me see it when I was very little. Think as a child I might have had nightmares. Probably wouldn't have appreciated it neither.
To this day he has not been precisely diagnosed. I erroneously assumed it was a mosquito borne disease that caused his elephantiasis but there are many causes. Mosquitos suck.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on February 21, 2021, 05:03:31 PM
To this day he has not been precisely diagnosed. I erroneously assumed it was a mosquito borne disease that caused his elephantiasis but there are many causes. Mosquitos suck.
Just one of god's little masterpieces!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on February 21, 2021, 05:03:31 PMTo this day he has not been precisely diagnosed. I erroneously assumed it was a mosquito borne disease that caused his elephantiasis but there are many causes. Mosquitos suck.
*tries to explain to aliens why dodos are extinct but malaria-carrying mosquitoes are not in a way that doesn't make us look evil or incredibly incompetent*

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 21, 2021, 07:10:09 PM
*tries to explain to aliens why dodos are extinct but malaria-carrying mosquitoes are not in a way that doesn't make us look evil or incredibly incompetent*
Not "us". "Them".
PZ Myers

GSOgymrat

I watched Venom because it starred Tom Hardy and unfortunately he was the only good thing in the movie.

Shiranu

Quote from: GSOgymrat on February 25, 2021, 09:35:22 PM
I watched Venom because it starred Tom Hardy and unfortunately he was the only good thing in the movie.

I remember liking Venom, but I don't remember a single thing from it... so I think I mostly just liked Tom Hardy.

Wish they would have continued the series, "Taboo" he was in/produced. IIRC he even said he really liked it and wanted to do more, but his schedule has become too busy for it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

Venom didn't do much for me.  I remember there were some funny lines.  I usually like Tom Hardy, but the character wasn't that interesting to me.

Gawdzilla Sama

"Pussy".
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

But it does open the door for a "Venom/Deadpool" ensemble movie.
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

I hate the idea of a Venom with no Spider-Man. I haven't watched it in part because of that. And the reviews weren't glowing either, so I don't feel like I missed anything.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

GSOgymrat

P- "We're gonna have two super dark aliens battle at nighttime?"

W- "Yeah, yeah, yeah!"

P- "Sounds like it's going to be kinda hard to see what's happening."

W- "Yeah, it's gonna be super hard to see. It's going to be like watching two people in garbage bags fighting by candlelight."

https://youtu.be/6aaYkBfEQa4