News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Beware the 2012-ish version out that isn't at all worth watching.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

The Last of Us II, pays homage to Jurassic Park in a very clever way.  It's just one small diversion from the plot that the game takes.

Mr.Obvious

Just watched fargo the movie, for the first time.

It's pretty darn tooting great, dontchaknow?
Jah, I had a swell time with this here movie.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on August 27, 2020, 12:37:08 PM
Just watched fargo the movie, for the first time.

It's pretty darn tooting great, dontchaknow?
Jah, I had a swell time with this here movie.
Ya sure, you betcha.  The movie wasn't about Fargo.  Well, maybe the accents.  For example, the scene where the car salesman shafts the customer.  That was my favorite scene.  It could have happened anywhere in America, and it does every day in America at every car dealership.  That scene set the stage for the rest of the film.  You clearly understood who the biggest asshole was. 

SGOS

I think the success of Fargo was mostly the work of the Coen Brothers, who wrote and directed it.  The cast was strong as well, but when the Ethan and Joel Coen make a film, it often comes up as fascinating but quirky for one reason or another.  The Coens have an unusual knack for quirky, but they're not just about crime.  If you are interested in seeing how diverse they can be, check out The Hudsucker Proxy.  It's a comedy but you can still see the Coen fingerprints all over it.

GSOgymrat

The 4K restoration of 1980s Flash Gordon was released on Blu-ray this month and I bought it immediately. My husband has no idea why I love this movie and I find it difficult to explain the appeal of this campy cult classic. I told him it's not a good movie, it an entertaining movie. I love the B-movie effects, the Queen soundtrack, the fabulous/ridiculous costumes, the comic book dialogue. I do tend to like movies that are over-the-top, such as The Fifth Element, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and Moulin Rouge!

https://youtu.be/O6uOHnxf85g

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Love Flash Gordon too, The Fifth Element, and Moulin Rouge!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Time Trap (2017) I loved it! I had no idea it existed. What an underrated movie. I just saw it on Netflix and I thought it was some stupid, simpleton teenage movie.

I think it affected me. I had a dream 20 years ago that I cannot forget. I have felt the same thing.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 31, 2020, 05:31:14 PM
Time Trap (2017) I loved it! I had no idea it existed. What an underrated movie. I just saw it on Netflix and I thought it was some stupid, simpleton teenage movie.

I think it affected me. I had a dream 20 years ago that I cannot forget. I have felt the same thing.

I can still remember any dream I have had more than once.  As a kid, I dreamt I was like a James Bond guy skiing at night, dressed in black.  There is an Outer Limits episode ... about a future soldier, that I was reminded of by watching the preview of Time Trap just now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBwVyZjpjT4
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSiQJl-gKyE

Poster spoilered for size, not content:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Not the most impressive trailer in the world, but it's a Lovecraftian movie with Richard Dawkins!  Do you guys have any idea how on board I am for that?

drunkenshoe

If it is Lovecraftian, I am usually in.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

aitm

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 31, 2020, 05:31:14 PM

I still remember a dream from 50 years ago. My dream about flying. And my take away was not so much about the flying but as a kid who had never been above 30 feet off the ground I am still amazed at how the brain can picture everything perfectly about the structure of your and others property from the air when I have never even been in their “backyard”. Or project the river and all its turns when you’ve only seen it from one location on the bank of it.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

drunkenshoe

Quote from: aitm on September 03, 2020, 07:01:32 AM
I still remember a dream from 50 years ago. My dream about flying. And my take away was not so much about the flying but as a kid who had never been above 30 feet off the ground I am still amazed at how the brain can picture everything perfectly about the structure of your and others property from the air when I have never even been in their %u201Cbackyard%u201D. Or project the river and all its turns when you%u2019ve only seen it from one location on the bank of it.

Flying dreams...ohhh I remember some too. The last ones were around 20s. I also used to make huge jumps like Hulk.

But that dream was... I'm sure I have written about it here at some time, years ago. It's very short. In a nutshell, I am working in a field in a forest at night. It has very warm and peaceful atmosphere...there are beings around me but I don't really see them. I'm carrying water, we are walking in the forest together. And suddenly I remember that I have been living on that planet for 20 years earth time because humanity has ended and so the life on our planet. I struggle to make sense of it. Then start to sob. Voices try to call to me, calming vices but it is like I hear them in my head, not with my ears. I think wars, genocide..all that pain...what was that for? Nothing. Now it has finally ended. I have felt sharp, deep pain, heartbreak and a huge relief at the same time. We walk to an opening, a huge, like HUUGE tree that is shaped sphere where we supposedly live in the natural little cells in its branches, warm, yellow lights are coming from them. AND I woke up crying violently.

I can't forget that feeling of when I remembered what happened in the dream. I'm crying right now writing this. It will pass in a few minutes.

SGOS

Yeah, I haven't flown in a dream for a long time, but what a rush!  But I didn't fly like Superman, I could only fly if I flapped my arms.  In my dreams this seemed normal.  I was always surprised when I did it, not because I could fly, but because I never thought of flapping my arms before.  And other people in my dreams could fly too.  I remember flying with my mother and being so surprised.  She said, "Yeah, it's easy, just flap your arms," and I was like, "Yeah, I get it.  I get it."