News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 25, 2020, 08:38:31 PM
Official Dune movie poster:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

We have wormsign!
That was a spoiler???  It's not like now I don't want to see the movie.  All it told me was that a guy whose name I can't remember is in a movie about a dune.  I assume it's a sand dune or a Beetles tune:  "Hey, Dune..., la, la, la,...lah."

Hydra009

It does indeed feature a sand dune.  Spoilers.  :P

Gawdzilla Sama

The sequel will feature ampersand dune.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

Bored again, watched the old Murphy Akyrod comedy "Trading Places" some laughs but I forgot Jamie Lee Curtis gives a couple full frontal booby shots, damn she was hot..which led me to another fav comedy, "True Lies" where Jamie is smokin as well....anyway, not big stars but a rise in the covers....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gawdzilla Sama

"These are for rent!" or something along those lines?
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Quote from: aitm on July 31, 2020, 09:21:20 AM
...which led me to another fav comedy, "True Lies" where Jamie is smokin as well....anyway, not big stars but a rise in the covers....

A I completely forgot about that movie. They'd canceled the sequel after 9/11 because it had a similar scenario, right? Not sure.

Now do you people remember a movie called 'If Tomorrow Comes'? A thief, a woman. Steals precious things, she was done wrong and gets revenge?

And also does anyone remember a movie where the husband pushes his wife to a river with crocs in a far away vacation to kill and believes her dead but she survives, gets well and comes back for revenge but she looks different because she gets plastic surgery...

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

Some of those movies in the revenge genre can be good.  Some not so. One of my favs is Law Abiding Citizen.  It's a blood fest because it's revenge on a system and everyone in it.  So there's a lot of guys (and women) to be taken down.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SGOS on August 01, 2020, 05:32:30 PM
Some of those movies in the revenge genre can be good.  Some not so. One of my favs is Law Abiding Citizen.  It's a blood fest because it's revenge on a system and everyone in it.  So there's a lot of guys (and women) to be taken down.

Those are different than the ones I have been looking for. I am trying to dig out old movies -with no big picture, system messages- I have seen as a little kid. Long story short, it is something based on the 'the toys and movies that made us' idea but in a bigger context. You know how people often talk about this stuff? The movies we have seen as little kids, certain scenes, lines...etc? People do remember and talk about them but almost always because something new and similar points it out or it is already a traumatic, cult thing everybody remembers because it is celebrated anyway. What about the things we don't remember at first thought? Simple ones? Simple and harmless looking ones. Movies, music clips and songs and things we don't even remember now?

The bigger context is the backwards evolution of culture here. Now in the US, if we divide the population in to two opposite cultures, you people are much more similar to each other in basic life. Eating, drinking, dress codes...popular culture...etc. There are differences of course but much similar. It's not like that here. The two sides here...well, we are extremely different in any sense. And this has started long time ago of course, mainly with our generation in terms of popular culture because our childhood is the era when these pop cultural products entered the culture here. The country got opened and the technology arrived from the west when we were growing up. So we were the 'millenials' of our time in a sense.

Anyway, you get the idea...it is really a long story, probably boring to outsiders.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

No, tell us your story.  My daughters first "going out" movie was Aladdin.  But she had seen Hundred & One Dalmations at home first, 101 times ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

The Headless Horseman! (Which I have learned the name later of course.) Then the Sword in the Stone and Dumbo... But then everything was broken by E.T. which was the first movie I saw in a theatre at 6. Mom blames E.T. (joke) for our basic development. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_HLXFIRmJQ

Baruch

So first you overdosed on Reese's Pieces, then moved on to stronger drugs?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Finally got around to listening to the Hamilton soundtrack, on YouTube with animatics.

I cried.  And I am a fucking idiot for waiting so long to listen to the whole thing.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mr.Obvious

We watched the Ben-Hur remake.

Been a long while since I've seen the original.
Good flick. Worthy remake.
Better jesus-movie than the passion of the christ, that's for certain.
But that's not saying a lot in and by itself.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.