News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on July 24, 2020, 10:23:14 AM
I can't think of him any other way.  He sure makes a great asshole in the movies.  I wonder what he's like in real life? 
Ummmmm..................dead.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 24, 2020, 10:03:48 AM
Isn't that the role he always played?
I avoided him  most times, so I'll have to take your word for it.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Shiranu

Not a movie, but I just... I cant get into Babylon 5. The acting and cinematography is like a telenova soap opera.

I've always heard how amazing it is, but jesus christ how do people sit through an episode of this? I'm glad people can enjoy it, I just wish I could.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 24, 2020, 01:22:14 PM
I avoided him  most times, so I'll have to take your word for it.
I like him in all the roles I remember him in.  I never went to a movie just to see him act.  But if he was in the cast, that was okay.  I basically regarded him as a character actor.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on July 24, 2020, 07:51:47 AM
Like the ending?
Been a better movie if they got shot within the first 20 minutes.....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

aitm

Being out of town all week I scroll through movies looking for something that peeks me. Don’t care for horror so that seems like about 70%...rest just look bad.
Maybe I watch Casablanca tonight,,,see how that aged.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Mortal Engines (2018) - 9/10

A boilerplate hero story built around very concise points about (political) ideological possession.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Sal1981 on July 25, 2020, 10:51:01 AM

A boilerplate hero story built around very concise points about (political) ideological possession.
I gave that one a 7/10. Pretty to look at but profoundly absurd.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on July 25, 2020, 10:51:01 AM

I like steampunk.  It's like Jules Verne.

Greyhound ... clips, Tom Hanks 9/10.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Baruch

Not steam punk, because you aren't in a sauna ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Official Dune movie poster:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

We have wormsign!