News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

They fired all the good script writers, during the Hollywood writer's strike 2007-2008.  That was the rise of reality TV, and Trump.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

I don't know if I would call them lazy, but certainly without any real direction for the series or respect for the final product & the fandom it belongs to.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Saw the results of the Oscars. I won't watch these award shows anymore for the reasons Ricky Gervais said at the globes, because it's just this pageantry of out of touch cretins using it as a platform to spout their hypocritical bullshit.

Despite that, I am glad Joaquin phoenix got the one for best actor, only because in this pageantry it as least gives the movie that longevity status to the world. However him using the award so he could spout his whole bit about veganism was very cringeworthy, like every other celebrity. Seriously just accept the award, thank your agent, fellow actors and director, your family, the get off the dam stage. We get it Joaquin, cows have a shit time of it, you aren't gonna change that though since your just a celebrity and the milk trade is an industry.

Baruch

I await celebrities to join with that professor, that wants human extinction, to solve Climate Change.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUUYPQs5XBg

the women in this summed it up perfectly. 1:01.16 they summed up the speech Phoenix gave and how it just comes off as elitist crap between a group of elitists telling the everyday men and women on the lower throws of society how to live, while they with their millions have no day to day pressure of just surviving.
The fact phoenix bleats on about how bad it is what becomes of cows, he seems to overlook how alternatives to milk for the everyday person is far more expensive, something he wouldn't have a problem with buying, while everyday people can't afford the same amount of milk as almond milk.

Whats really staggered me most about this, is seeing joker, the film has the main character being someone who on the lower end of society was driven mad by his circumstances and how the upper elites looked down on people, how the character of Arthur Fleck was a man who idolized celebrities and wanted to climb up from where he was because of that belief in those above him, and yet the story has him going insane, but also realizing those on the upper crust of society don't give a shit about those on the lower ends, which causes him to start anarchy in gothem against the establishment.

Phoenix's character of Arthur Fleck couldn't be further from how phoenix is himself as seen at the oscars, being a celebrity who looks down on the lower end of society and living in a bubble for what the everyday person lives like. You would Think he'd have learned from his own movie experience and not come off like a hypocritical douchebag kissing high movie societies asses.

This sadly tainted my viewing of Joker. I can't look at the movie the same way knowing how the main actor playing Arthur Fleck is the same kind of person Arthur Fleck would shoot.

Baruch

Hollywood isn't American normality.  Never was.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

It's one of these things, how much do you personally separate the artist/writer/actor from the art/writing/role they play?

I've often said I loved the works of H.P Lovecraft, however if I was in a room with the man himself, I doubt I'd find pleasant conversation with him.

I've loved Arnold Schwarzenegger movies and characters he's played, I grew up on some of his films, however I tended to avoid the politics and how he acted outside of his films maybe because I had this fan driven desire to imagine what he was like more then what he really acted like at times.

Living in a much more cynical time now and everything being online in an instant it's harder to separate these things then it was decades ago.

Baruch

I hope actors separate from their roles.  However I fear that politicians don't ... the politician they are playing (for PR) is who they are ... ayeee!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7990327/amp/I-tried-warn-Ricky-Gervais-hits-stars-preaching-Oscars-ceremony.html

Ricky hit back saying he warned them not to get preachy, pretty much telling them since it would backfire.

Like say I didnt watch the Oscar's just listened to segments online, boy i didnt realize how preachy it was this year.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on February 10, 2020, 11:04:34 PM
Saw the results of the Oscars. I won't watch these award shows anymore for the reasons Ricky Gervais said at the globes, because it's just this pageantry of out of touch cretins using it as a platform to spout their hypocritical bullshit.

Despite that, I am glad Joaquin phoenix got the one for best actor, only because in this pageantry it as least gives the movie that longevity status to the world. However him using the award so he could spout his whole bit about veganism was very cringeworthy, like every other celebrity. Seriously just accept the award, thank your agent, fellow actors and director, your family, the get off the dam stage. We get it Joaquin, cows have a shit time of it, you aren't gonna change that though since your just a celebrity and the milk trade is an industry.

Triggered, snowflake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfGMYdalClU
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on February 11, 2020, 05:10:39 PM
Trump wasn't impeached.

Not convicted after impeachment.  But like the EU referenda, the Dems will impeach and impeach again, until they get the result they want.  And there may be a court challenge to expunge the impeachment for being a partisan travesty, but that has never been tried before.  Soros has many Euros to spend.  Like Bloomberg in the US.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on February 11, 2020, 08:24:31 PM
Not convicted after impeachment.  But like the EU referenda, the Dems will impeach and impeach again, until they get the result they want.  And there may be a court challenge to expunge the impeachment for being a partisan travesty, but that has never been tried before.  Soros has many Euros to spend.  Like Bloomberg in the US.

just seems ironic a party calling itself democrats when they don't believe in democracy, rofl.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on February 11, 2020, 05:10:39 PM
Trump wasn't impeached.

And? You think that will upset me? Sorry. Ironically, I'm as triggered about things that actually matter as you are about what political opinions actors hold.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--