News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 24, 2019, 08:17:39 AM
The concept is great, the execution... it's pretty much the Signs of its time.
I kept getting distracted by the "case scenarios". The minority report scenario was used to Clancey's "Sum of All Fears".
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Sal1981

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017) - 9/10

Pretty solid story given its genre. Entertaining too.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Sal1981 on November 27, 2019, 06:46:24 PM
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017) - 9/10

Pretty solid story given its genre. Entertaining too.
The sequel comes out soon? Dec. 13th.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Official Secrets  10/10

I'm not sure if this played in theaters.  It was just released on DVD, so it's probably being streamed.  I got it from Redbox.  Tony Blair colluded with the Bush Administration to take Britain to war in Iraq, based on Bush's fake intelligence.  A woman working for a British intelligence agency intercepted a memo documenting the false propaganda being put out by the US Government, and also used in Britain.  She leaked it to the Observer, and created a shit storm.  This is an aspect of the deception I was not familiar with because it didn't make it to the American media.  Maybe it did, but if so, I missed it.  Not knowing how this played out, the film kept me on the edge of my seat.  I just finished the movie 10 minutes ago, and I'm still experiencing an intense visceral reaction.

Baruch

PM Tony Blair is even more hated in GB than President George W Bush is hated in the US.  Perfidious Britain taught the US well.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TUeY2aPTLWo

This could be an interesting movie, depending how the premise goes. Is it purely about helping three psychologically torn men regaining their sanity, or will it becomes a religious message by the end?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

What, no cross reference to Last Temptation Of Christ?  Everything is mental, including messiahs.  But atheists only believe in superior technology from the Gamma Quadrant.  That is their psychosomatic crutch.  That aliens will come and turn the election to Corbyn or Hillary.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Quote from: Munch on November 29, 2019, 05:46:22 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TUeY2aPTLWo

This could be an interesting movie, depending how the premise goes. Is it purely about helping three psychologically torn men regaining their sanity, or will it becomes a religious message by the end?
Given the trailer, it probably will have some softball "spirit of the human soul" bs.

Sal1981

I saw Shawshank Redemption again - 10/10

Truly a masterpiece.

Mike Cl

Let me throw Fried Green Tomatoes at you---I loved it 11/10.  And I like it that much each time I see it.  The story, writing and acting is what I hope to see in every movie I watch, but seldom get.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 01, 2019, 10:04:18 AM
Let me throw Fried Green Tomatoes at you---I loved it 11/10.  And I like it that much each time I see it.  The story, writing and acting is what I hope to see in every movie I watch, but seldom get.
"I see Paris, I see France..."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 01, 2019, 11:46:11 AM
"I see Paris, I see France..."
Ha! You can't see my underpants--I'm not wearing any!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 01, 2019, 12:13:29 PM
"I see Mike's baby elephant."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Knives Out 7/10
Not a big fan of Murder She Wrote or Homes and Watson.  I can never see the clues, and when they are explained I still puzzle to understand them, but it's fun to watch the theatrical flamboyance of the genius detective in such murder mysteries who amazes everyone in the story with his keen sense of observation as you wait for the final 10 minutes of the film where he announces, "So you see, Mr. Green, it had to be you!"  Daniel Craig did it pretty well, although I'm not sure he was the best choice of character.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 01, 2019, 12:13:29 PM

No true Scotsman ... in kilt?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.