Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 11, 2019, 01:09:28 PM
*Heavy sigh*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDj8Y2K0ODA

Who asked for this? I'll admit, it looks a lot better than the first one based on the trailer, but does every terrible movie really need to get a sequel?

I asked the exact same question about movies like madagascar sequels, or movies like minions, or the emoji movie. I've been forced to sit through that shit when babysitting my nephews, and all i wish for is for them to watch cartoons of quality, like into the spiderverse, or coraline.

Thing with me is, or anyone in my generation group, I grew up on cartoons, its not like from my mothers generation where cartoons were rare things you only see in the cinema as a kid and then seeing some black and white kids show on the black and white tv. i always get the impression from that generation cartoons were just only ever thought of as just for kids and not really for adults.
I actually grew up watching saturday morning cartoons, and having loads of vhs tapes of my fav cartoon shows and animated movies, so I have a real love on for animation, from disney classics to its renaissance era, to clay-mations like wallace and gromit, to japanese animations like from Hayao Miyazaki.

So its not like I look at movies like the one you linked or minions or the emoji movie and just think their garbage because their cartoons, I just think those particular movies are garbage on their own, and a slap in the face to decent animated movies. They also fall into the catagory of 'stupid movies because kids are stupid' mentality. Fuck these people.

Movies like theses are like those parents who never want their children exposed to anything potentially challenging for them, like playing sports incase they might fall over and scrape their knee, or hanging out with other kids incase they get exposed to something outside their sphere.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 11, 2019, 01:54:53 PM
Take a pound of ground beef. Brown it. Drain if you wish. Then add a jar of salsa. Simmer for five minutes. Instant taco meat.
I find your lack of onions and peppers disturbing.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 11, 2019, 09:58:20 PM
I find your lack of onions and peppers disturbing.
You're buying the wrong salsa. Chunky salsa FTW.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 11, 2019, 10:08:19 PM
You're buying the wrong salsa. Chunky salsa FTW.
1) bottled salsa rarely has enough onions and peppers
2) generic chunky salsa is basically the mexican food equivalent of yellow mustard
3) YMMV, but I like less tomato and more of a pico de gallo-like salsa, which is far more oniony

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 11, 2019, 01:54:53 PM
Take a pound of ground beef. Brown it. Drain if you wish. Then add a jar of salsa. Simmer for five minutes. Instant taco meat.

I want some chips and cheese with that.  And dumped in a bowl.  With a spoonful of sour cream, a few spoonfuls of minced hot peppers, and some minced onion sprinkled on top.  Keep that green goo away please, though.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mr.Obvious

Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Read the comic it was based on first, as a Tmnt (and batman) fan.
In many ways, the movie did it better, though the comic is definitely worth a read.
But the lighter tone worked for 90% of the film, dropping April and Casey (though I like those characters too) was also a good way to get the comics into one feature film and keep the story flowing, and the more comic-y appearance made for a better mix of turtles-batman universe. By the way, dropping the different worlds thing, in this instance, worked too. It was fine in the comics, but it needed to go to make the film flow. So good job.

Minor gripes? Damian Wayne is too be more broody and less prone to jokes (and laughing with jokes), imho. Donatello, my favorite turtle, had a non-pleasing design. (And he didn't get enough spotlight to shine. He hardly ever does.)

But real good fighting scenes. Dark enough without going too dark. Good banter. Hilarious jokes and visual gags. Solid animation all around and a great deal of respect for the two franchises.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 11, 2019, 10:22:01 PM
1) bottled salsa rarely has enough onions and peppers
2) generic chunky salsa is basically the mexican food equivalent of yellow mustard
3) YMMV, but I like less tomato and more of a pico de gallo-like salsa, which is far more oniony
There was nothing in my quickie recipe that said you couldn't customize. The basic vehicle is ready for passengers.
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2019, 03:41:35 AM
I want some chips and cheese with that.  And dumped in a bowl.  With a spoonful of sour cream, a few spoonfuls of minced hot peppers, and some minced onion sprinkled on top.  Keep that green goo away please, though.
Guck-e-moley? Looks like snot.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 14, 2019, 06:44:55 AM
Guck-e-moley? Looks like snot.

Not if you make it fresh.  Food that isn't fresh is just decaying plant matter are animal corpses.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 14, 2019, 09:04:50 AM
Yes, it does, even fresh.

How about sour cream.  That is good on Mexican things too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 14, 2019, 02:07:46 PM
How about sour cream.  That is good on Mexican things too.

And some black olives?  I'm beginning to think of Taco Bell Nachos Grande...BTW, its "Taco Bell" because the creators name was Bell...  Just watched a series of shows on foods.

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 15, 2019, 01:07:33 PM
Taco Hell, you mean.

Hey, I LIKE Nachos Bell Grande!  I cant make them myself right.  Buy them about once a year...