News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconic Aiur

Robin Hood (2018) was fun to watch but not historically or story like accurate. It's one of those movies where it's so bad its good.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 13, 2019, 07:23:04 PM
Robin Hood (2018) was fun to watch but not historically or story like accurate. It's one of those movies where it's so bad its good.
I choked during the first fight. It's a parody of historical movies.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 13, 2019, 07:36:37 PM
I choked during the first fight. It's a parody of historical movies.

Is a parody of a parody, the truth?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on June 13, 2019, 02:56:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=11&v=2msJTFvhkU4

sequel to the shining. Dunno what to think right now, I'll wait and see.

Seems to be based on an actual Stephen King book, so at least they're not pulling this sequel material out their ass because the first one was popular and Hollywood has no new ideas.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 14, 2019, 12:40:36 PM
Seems to be based on an actual Stephen King book, so at least they're not pulling this sequel material out their ass because the first one was popular and Hollywood has no new ideas.

yeah, although its been said king hated the stanley kubrick take on his book, so much so he arranged for a tv movie adaptation. I think kings one of those writers who are a bit of a stickler for how his work is interpreted, even if the end result is popular, if its not to his standards he can't find merit in it.

If it were me, just knowing my work got made into a film and people loved it would be enough to feel good about it.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on June 14, 2019, 01:54:58 PM
yeah, although its been said king hated the stanley kubrick take on his book, so much so he arranged for a tv movie adaptation. I think kings one of those writers who are a bit of a stickler for how his work is interpreted, even if the end result is popular, if its not to his standards he can't find merit in it.

If it were me, just knowing my work got made into a film and people loved it would be enough to feel good about it.

I've seen some of the TV version of the Shining, but haven't seen the movie yet. I think it's safe to say the movie was the better version, though. The TV version was just...ugh.
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 14, 2019, 03:37:39 PM
I've seen some of the TV version of the Shining, but haven't seen the movie yet. I think it's safe to say the movie was the better version, though. The TV version was just...ugh.
Stephen Weber (the guy from Wings) was hilarious in that role!  And iirc, they changed the axe to a croquet mallet.  Much scarier!

Blackleaf

I take it back. This was the best version of The Shining:

https://youtu.be/n_rATyEiOrw
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 15, 2019, 04:37:04 PM
Technically it's the shinning.

Stephen King was inspired to write this story in 1974, when he stayed with his wife at a hotel, the last day of the season.  They were the only one's there.  That is the hotel I had my honeymoon in 12 years later.  In my case by the end of the honeymoon, it was the bitching.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on June 15, 2019, 08:20:26 PM
Stephen King was inspired to write this story in 1974, when he stayed with his wife at a hotel, the last day of the season.  They were the only one's there.  That is the hotel I had my honeymoon in 12 years later.  In my case by the end of the honeymoon, it was the bitching.

any ghostly activities while staying there?

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 15, 2019, 08:28:30 PM
any ghostly activities while staying there?

The first time you see your bride without her makeup ... horrifying!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

This looks pretty good, have any of you seen it?

QuoteA sci-fi thriller about a teenage girl (Clara Rugaard), who is the first of a new generation of humans to be raised by Mother (Rose Byrne), a robot designed to repopulate the earth after the extinction of humankind. But the pair’s unique relationship is threatened when an injured stranger (Hilary Swank) arrives with news that calls into question everything Daughter has been told about the outside world and her Mother’s intentions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5BKctcZxrM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_XwRFD5Lqs
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

waiting to see twitter explode claiming mothers not really a mother if she's being played by a man.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 17, 2019, 07:54:14 PM
waiting to see twitter explode claiming mothers not really a mother if she's being played by a man.

I think Unbeliever gets a h-n when he sees sex dolls ;-)  And maybe he wants to be a robot for ... other reasons.

Better than falling in love with Seri.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.