Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 08, 2019, 03:38:58 PM
Watching batman returns.

Can't say why.

Can't look away.

Help.

Oooh I see what's happened. You've been pulled into the Tim Burton void.
It's like an inescapable vortex, you want to pull away, the weird stylistic humor and dark comedic action has your rational brain telling you 'this isn't batman!", But Burton's weird and surreal directing has your curiosity drawing you back in for more.

We've all been there, just get yourself some cough syrup for afterward, chug it down.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

Yeah, that's it - chug like a steam locomotive! LOL
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 08, 2019, 03:27:03 PM
Double Feature Matinee: "Red Planet" and "Mission to Mars".

Top 10 includes those two ... have you seen them all?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ_CicA08pM
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Well it's official, aquaman is now the highest grossing DCEU movie to date.

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2019/01/aquaman-highest-grossing-dceu-movie

I just keep finding it hilariously ironic, since for years, even decades, aquamans been considered the joke of the DC characters cast, because he's the character who swims around and talks to fish. Yet here we are, with DC's failed DCEU franchise, and the character people mocked for decades pulling ahead of all others like batman, superman and even wonder woman.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Munch on January 09, 2019, 06:11:59 AM
I just keep finding it hilariously ironic, since for years, even decades, aquamans been considered the joke of the DC characters cast, because he's the character who swims around and talks to fish.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

We had a joke when I was in high school. The school's guidance counselor hated kids, so we called her "Miss Guidance".
PZ Myers

Munch

Question then gawd, who do you consider hot?

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on January 09, 2019, 06:11:59 AM
Well it's official, aquaman is now the highest grossing DCEU movie to date.

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2019/01/aquaman-highest-grossing-dceu-movie

I just keep finding it hilariously ironic, since for years, even decades, aquamans been considered the joke of the DC characters cast, because he's the character who swims around and talks to fish. Yet here we are, with DC's failed DCEU franchise, and the character people mocked for decades pulling ahead of all others like batman, superman and even wonder woman.

I think part of that is because we've seen Batman and Superman a million times already. Wonder Woman, not so much, but her movie was considered one of the "good ones" and was successful. Sometimes, it helps to have a character that people either don't know or don't expect a lot from. It allows the audience to go into the movie with little to no expectations. For instance, take a look at Spider-Man. His origin story has been done to death. At this point, it's very hard to impress me with a Spider-Man film because I'll always compare it to the other Spider-Man movies I've seen. Compare that to the Guardians of the Galaxy; a team of heroes virtually no one had heard of besides the most die hard of comic book fans. New characters, no expectations, high praise all around. Of course, it also helps to have an actually good movie...
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 09, 2019, 10:24:07 AM
Shirley you jest.

oh shirley temple? okay she made her career as a child, but maybe you preferred her later roles.

Gawdzilla Sama

I was just pulling your chain, Munch.
PZ Myers