News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

I know it's not a good idea to dress up in a zombie disguise in order to pass amongst them unseen. The non-zombie people won't kn9w you're not a zombie, and so will shoot you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHBmShA8P28
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SGOS

You can also prove that werewolves only appear when the moon is full, and you can do this scientific experiment at home with your kids.  When the moon is less than half full, go outside the house at night.  Five minutes is all it takes.  You won't see a werewolf. 

Unbeliever

I was trying to remember a particular movie for a long time, and for the life of me I could not remember the name of it. So today I did a search for movies that feature the Statue of Liberty and et voila! there it was! I had only seen it once, about 30 years ago. It was Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKR-Qf8o4tI

I still haven't found the movie where I can watch it, but I got bit's and pieces. I did manage to watch a pilot for a Remo series that had been planned but never quite got off the ground.

I'd also forgotten that Fred Ward was Remo. He's one of my favorite actors.
God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

"The Last Man on Earth" was the only good zombie movie. I saw it when I was 13 and then had to walk home at night, through a cemetery.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

Good zombie movies are rare and in between.
I did like the Original 'Night of the living dead'
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on December 14, 2018, 05:19:37 AM
I found it sluggish. We watched it once when I was on the river. Bunch of half drunk sailors cheering for the zombies.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Vincent Price could talk real ... scary.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

That one connected with audiences when it came out.  It was low budget, with unknown actors, filmed in black and white, but on the bejabbers scale it resonated.  It's one of the movies you study and can't quite put your finger on how they did it.

Unbeliever

I don't know if Lifeforce was exactly a zombie movie, but it was really good, I thought. Some of the scenes were very well done, and scary as hell.
God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 14, 2018, 01:37:45 PM
I don't know if Lifeforce was exactly a zombie movie, but it was really good, I thought. Some of the scenes were very well done, and scary as hell.
"You won't believe what I'm looking at!" Then he dies.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Materialists don't believe in Hell, then entertain themselves with many cinematic versions of same.  That is really ... hypocritical.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on December 14, 2018, 06:26:31 PM
Materialists don't believe in Hell, then entertain themselves with many cinematic versions of same.  That is really ... hypocritical.

Yeah. It's so hypocritical to enjoy something that exists only in fiction. That's why I stick to entertainment like Game of Thrones. Can you imagine what kind of a hypocrite I'd be if I didn't have a pet dragon in my backyard? Oh, fuck. Hold on. He's trying to eat the neighbor's kids again. Cough him up, Sparks! Bad dragon!
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on December 14, 2018, 06:26:31 PM

a materialist figures out their own version of hell on earth, that being when their card is declined, or their out of pumpkin spice latte.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Quote from: Baruch on December 14, 2018, 06:26:31 PMMaterialists don't believe in Hell, then entertain themselves with many cinematic versions of same.
It's almost like they're treating Hell as if it were fictional.