News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 27, 2018, 01:15:48 AM
That's a movie now?!  Can you watch it at an IMAX theater projected onto three of the room's four walls simultaneously?

Perhaps not as good as the original.  The original made me think of the EU.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 27, 2018, 04:27:17 PM
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060390/
I vaguely remember seeing that.  I just remember the story's description of the book burners as the firemen.  Good premise for a story.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on June 27, 2018, 04:37:47 PM
I vaguely remember seeing that.  I just remember the story's description of the book burners as the firemen.  Good premise for a story.
We had just moved to a residence that was close enough to town that I could get to a library, three years earlier. Before that I read anything and everything I could find. Knowing there was a whole building full of books that were open to me was an indescribable thrill. Then I saw that movie. I was furious, to say the least. Fifteen years old and mad enough to kill.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 27, 2018, 04:42:13 PM
We had just moved to a residence that was close enough to town that I could get to a library, three years earlier. Before that I read anything and everything I could find. Knowing there was a whole building full of books that were open to me was an indescribable thrill. Then I saw that movie. I was furious, to say the least. Fifteen years old and mad enough to kill.

The characters in the first movie are vaguely German, but it applied to Stalinists too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Kill Switch - 2/10

stupid FPS scifi, was only watching it at the side after 20 minutes, because how stupid it was. Great concept, abysmal execution.

SGOS

Quote from: Sal1981 on June 27, 2018, 08:50:41 PM
Kill Switch - 2/10

stupid FPS scifi, was only watching it at the side after 20 minutes, because how stupid it was. Great concept, abysmal execution.
That happens.

Cavebear

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 27, 2018, 12:20:51 AM
Farenhight 451 had a fw parts missing and or not existence but pretty much was a good movie.

8/10

Funny thing is it got alot of negative reviews yet the movie gave off such a better message and the move itself is has alot of Irony in itself.

Also it could be th lin where the captain said "When the feminists got offend thy burned the books".

All good books made into movies have a few parts missing.  For example, what happened to the barrow-wights and Tom Bombadil in LOTR? 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 28, 2018, 05:18:02 AM
All good books made into movies have a few parts missing.  For example, what happened to the barrow-wights and Tom Bombadil in LOTR?

The movie was already too long.  But I think they included it in the extended cuts edition.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

saw Solo: A Star Wars Story

It was alright. I'm not the biggest starwars fan but like some of the movies. This one had some of the elements I'd associate with it, good action scenes, interesting locations, interesting alien races, though it didn't really play much to those much like most starwars movies.

The cgi wasn't as heavily used in this, but when it was I found it distracting, like one character being fully cgi when others weren't, just detracted it for me.

Also liberator fem bot while having some funny moments did get a little cringe worthy in places.

The best parts for me was seeing the friendship of Han and Chewy grow from here. Alden Ehrenreich as Han was alright, felt like he was missing something that Harrison Ford had, like he was trying to hard in some scenes to be like Ford, but other times he did the role pretty good. Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian is a lot of fun and he's great in any scene hes's in.
Can't really say much about the other characters, didn't really gel with me like Han, Chewy and Lando did.

Overall it was a nice little addition to the starwars universe, not a bad idea to expand on it outside the starwars films.

7/10
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

And "The Last Jedi" is on Netflix.
PZ Myers

Munch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy92AGLIygU

I like good criticism, heres some pointers I agree with.

- Theres been plenty of black leading roles with hero characters in main roles in the past, its only made out black panther is a major landmark in this because of the current social doctine rather then it actually being so, hence why 10-15 years ago nobody claimed movies like independence day or blade were revolutionary movies because its main leads were black, the just enjoyed the movies back then.

- Wakanda's rule class is held by a deeply toxic masculine approach to it, it just gets ignored because of the color of their skin. If it were white guys doing it, it would be barked down as being the most overt display of toxic masculinity.

- Slavery existed in africa long before white people showed up, so calling every white people in the movie colonizers is just there to satisfy people hate on for white people. Also today there are more slaves in predominantly black countrys today then their are in any predominantly white country besides russia.

Theres a bunch of other stuff as well, but yeah, I feel that if black panther hadn't relied so heavily on political messages giving to todays social justice crowds and just focused on telling the same fictional world building I'd find in the comics, it would have felt like i movie I'd enjoy more.

Now to just wait for the floods of tears why this is all incorrect and just something made up by haters to slander the best black themed movie of all time.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

aitm

The Catcher Was a Spy....It is a based on a true story and the story is nice enough, but,,,no real substance to the movie. It felt like it was more of a long TV show. Just not enough to scare you or make you proud or ....anything... just meh. Nice enough story again, but I felt like I didn't watch a movie at all afterward....don't really have a good phrase for it.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Munch on July 09, 2018, 06:11:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy92AGLIygU

I like good criticism, heres some pointers I agree with.

- Theres been plenty of black leading roles with hero characters in main roles in the past, its only made out black panther is a major landmark in this because of the current social doctine rather then it actually being so, hence why 10-15 years ago nobody claimed movies like independence day or blade were revolutionary movies because its main leads were black, the just enjoyed the movies back then.

- Wakanda's rule class is held by a deeply toxic masculine approach to it, it just gets ignored because of the color of their skin. If it were white guys doing it, it would be barked down as being the most overt display of toxic masculinity.

- Slavery existed in africa long before white people showed up, so calling every white people in the movie colonizers is just there to satisfy people hate on for white people. Also today there are more slaves in predominantly black countrys today then their are in any predominantly white country besides russia.

Theres a bunch of other stuff as well, but yeah, I feel that if black panther hadn't relied so heavily on political messages giving to todays social justice crowds and just focused on telling the same fictional world building I'd find in the comics, it would have felt like i movie I'd enjoy more.

Now to just wait for the floods of tears why this is all incorrect and just something made up by haters to slander the best black themed movie of all time.
The factors bought slaves from other Africans. They kept them until a slave ship showed up. Most of the African slavers were muslim.
PZ Myers