News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on June 24, 2018, 06:43:25 AM
Someone gave me an unopened DVD of 300.  I think it was a freebee thrown in with some hardware package deal.  He didn't want it and didn't even open it.  I didn't find it interesting.  I can't remember if there was anything clever in it.  I just remember warrior gladiator types hacking and slicing their way about the landscapes.  It reminded me of the movies that dominated the Saturday afternoons of my childhood.  I've rewatched a few of those Roman vs. barbarian movies in my later years, and basically saw them as boring.  I didn't know 300 was based on anything.  I wonder if the source material was as dull.

The people who are fans of the 300 movies ... are gay.  But not as burlesque.  Kevin Sorbo starred in a gay burlesque of 300 which at least was funny .... Meet The Spartans.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Deidre32

I saw Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom yesterday. It was pretty good...I'd give it 7/10. I can see it leading to another movie...
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

SGOS

Quote from: Deidre32 on June 24, 2018, 01:40:33 PM
I saw Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom yesterday. It was pretty good...I'd give it 7/10. I can see it leading to another movie...
I'm going for what my nearest theater calls "Tightwad Tuesday: Popcorn and the show for under 9 dollars."  None of the sequels have been as good as the original, but I still think they are pretty good.  One critic claims the CGI isn't anything special anymore and said, "The premise, a theme park so out of control that thousands of people get killed every day it opens warrants getting shut down.  Close the Park already!"  That would be true if it wasn't a fantasy franchise.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on June 24, 2018, 02:34:06 PM
I'm going for what my nearest theater calls "Tightwad Tuesday: Popcorn and the show for under 9 dollars."  None of the sequels have been as good as the original, but I still think they are pretty good.  One critic claims the CGI isn't anything special anymore and said, "The premise, a theme park so out of control that thousands of people get killed every day it opens warrants getting shut down.  Close the Park already!"  That would be true if it wasn't a fantasy franchise.

Too bad we don't see that metaphorically true of our own world, Close the Humanity already!  But human history goes on, because it is based on political fantasy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Deidre32 on June 24, 2018, 01:40:33 PM

I keep reading reviews that say the movie is terrible.  Can't wait to see it to decide for myself.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Blackleaf

Saw Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom today. It had some dumb moments in it, but I thought it was an overall good movie. Don't understand all the hate its getting. Also, just to curb your enthusiasm if you haven't seen it yet, if you've seen the trailers, you've seen all of Jeff Goldblum's parts. He was basically only there to be put in the trailer and make people go, "Oh, yeah! I remember that guy!" There was one thing I thought was weird, though. Didn't Jurassic Park have a site B? And what about all those free flying dinosaurs from 1, 3, and World? They were acting like the volcano killing all the dinosaurs on this one island would cause them all to go extinct again, so... I don't get that part.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

There was Isla Sorna and Isla Nublar. But the chain was "los Cincos Muertes", "the Five Deaths", meaning there are three islands that are open at this point.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Bryce Dallas Howard, Ron Howard's daughter is a beautiful woman.  So there's that, even if the rest of the movie stinks.

SGOS

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 25, 2018, 12:54:01 AM
It had some dumb moments in it, but I thought it was an overall good movie.
Does Claire still run around in the jungle in her high heels, or has she bought a pair of heavy duty shit kickers from LL Bean?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on June 25, 2018, 08:23:56 AM
Does Claire still run around in the jungle in her high heels, or has she bought a pair of heavy duty shit kickers from LL Bean?
One person noted that Claire had told Owen that she could do anything he could do while wearing those heels. I would add that Fred Astaire was not the one wearing heels when that famous duo danced. And finally, she didn't have far to go when she drew the T.rex into the fight, the big gal doesn't get up to speed in the distance involved.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Do Ursula and Stella still stay in step?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Blackleaf

Quote from: SGOS on June 25, 2018, 08:23:56 AM

I don't think she was wearing high heels in this movie, but I didn't really take a mental note of that. I think she came prepared for the jungle this time, unlike before when the day started off as a normal day at work.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Draconic Aiur

Farenhight 451 had a fw parts missing and or not existence but pretty much was a good movie.

8/10

Funny thing is it got alot of negative reviews yet the movie gave off such a better message and the move itself is has alot of Irony in itself.

Also it could be th lin where the captain said "When the feminists got offend thy burned the books".

Hydra009

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 27, 2018, 12:20:51 AM
Farenhight 451 had a fw parts missing and or not existence but pretty much was a good movie.

8/10

Funny thing is it got alot of negative reviews yet the movie gave off such a better message and the move itself is has alot of Irony in itself.
That's a movie now?!  Can you watch it at an IMAX theater projected onto three of the room's four walls simultaneously?