News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 06, 2018, 11:23:20 PM
Heard about that one.  Yes, took a real screw-up crazy like Armstrong to land that thing.  Overly rational people don't do well with orbital mechanics or 1/6 G ... because it doesn't make sense relative to normal experience.  I have a little quad-copter I got myself for Christmas.  Can't fly straight at all.

Oh drat, and I was thinking about buying one myself.  I probably couldn't fly one at all (I can't type worth a damn, and things I'm not touching seem foreign).  Just wanted to see my yard from above.  Google Earth SUCKS, always from a low SW angle where the trees hide the yard, you know?  Nothing but shadows...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on February 07, 2018, 04:21:02 AM
Oh drat, and I was thinking about buying one myself.  I probably couldn't fly one at all (I can't type worth a damn, and things I'm not touching seem foreign).  Just wanted to see my yard from above.  Google Earth SUCKS, always from a low SW angle where the trees hide the yard, you know?  Nothing but shadows...
Google Earth does have it limitations, and I don't like that uncontrollable low angle view when you get in close, and at some angles it creates box trees and box structures that are totally nuts:  "Oh, I guess those are trees, or maybe tents?"  I'd like to control the angle to view from.  On the other hand, I've used Google Earth to do some long distance navigation before I go to places I've never been.  It is especially helpful in Cities where I can use the actual street view to identify a specific building or parking lot visually.  It does a lot of things very well, some well enough to serve a useful purpose, but overall, it feels kind of awkward as you start to close in on things.  It feels like it could be designed better, and at one time, I would think, "Oh don't worry.  Google will fix that," but they don't.  Instead they adopt a kind of a ,"that's good enough for horseshoes," attitude and move on to their next enhancement.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on February 07, 2018, 05:20:44 AM
Google Earth does have it limitations, and I don't like that uncontrollable low angle view when you get in close, and at some angles it creates box trees and box structures that are totally nuts:  "Oh, I guess those are trees, or maybe tents?"  I'd like to control the angle to view from.  On the other hand, I've used Google Earth to do some long distance navigation before I go to places I've never been.  It is especially helpful in Cities where I can use the actual street view to identify a specific building or parking lot visually.  It does a lot of things very well, some well enough to serve a useful purpose, but overall, it feels kind of awkward as you start to close in on things.  It feels like it could be designed better, and at one time, I would think, "Oh don't worry.  Google will fix that," but they don't.  Instead they adopt a kind of a ,"that's good enough for horseshoes," attitude and move on to their next enhancement.

Google Earth sure has its uses, and I have used it looking at houses and yards I considered buying.  But it sure doesn't do anything for me seeing MY yard, LOL!

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on February 07, 2018, 05:23:02 AM
Google Earth sure has its uses, and I have used it looking at houses and yards I considered buying.  But it sure doesn't do anything for me seeing MY yard, LOL!
Yeah, the street view can give you two or three angles of the front of the house.  I suppose it's helpful for checking out the neighborhood, which would be important, but that's about it.  Here's where you have to rely on realtor photos:  "Lovely secluded house in amongst the trees," but when you get there, there's regular next door neighbors, some with hobbies like collecting junk cars stored on blocks of wood under the axles.  You end up wondering how the realtor even managed to get that shot.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on February 07, 2018, 06:06:35 AM
Yeah, the street view can give you two or three angles of the front of the house.  I suppose it's helpful for checking out the neighborhood, which would be important, but that's about it.  Here's where you have to rely on realtor photos:  "Lovely secluded house in amongst the trees," but when you get there, there's regular next door neighbors, some with hobbies like collecting junk cars stored on blocks of wood under the axles.  You end up wondering how the realtor even managed to get that shot.

Google Earth can show you the neighbors' cars.  What it won't show me (even on street view) is my backyard.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 07, 2018, 06:28:45 AM
Google Earth can show you the neighbors' cars.  What it won't show me (even on street view) is my backyard.

Earlier satellite view ... I could see my mother's chicken coop!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

I think I've seen those Google cars.  Last summer there were frequent sightings of minivans just driving around with this rotating thing on top the car.  I assumed they were taking street views for Google.  They were all similar an unmarked.  Maybe they were working for Baruch's deep state Clintons, but I just figured they were Google, which is probably part of the Clinton conspiracy anyway.

SGOS

Shape of Water 8/10

I think it may have been a bit over-hyped, but it's still a solid film for the genre.  Quite entertaining and didn't try to take itself too seriously.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on February 07, 2018, 01:17:15 PM
I think I've seen those Google cars.  Last summer there were frequent sightings of minivans just driving around with this rotating thing on top the car.  I assumed they were taking street views for Google.  They were all similar an unmarked.  Maybe they were working for Baruch's deep state Clintons, but I just figured they were Google, which is probably part of the Clinton conspiracy anyway.

Naw, Google is CIA.  The cars you saw were Men in Black looking for Reptilians.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

A thrilling indiana jones inspired adventure!

[spoiler][/spoiler]
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on February 07, 2018, 07:28:57 PM
Shape of Water 8/10

I think it may have been a bit over-hyped, but it's still a solid film for the genre.  Quite entertaining and didn't try to take itself too seriously.

I like the premise.  I'll have to wait to see the movie on cable, though.

Hydra009

This shit drives me crazy.  Blade had a whole trilogy! (Also, Catwoman...but perhaps it'd be wise to forget about that)

Celebrating diversity = okay
Celebrating diversity by forgetting the past = not okay

Baruch

I can have sympathy.  With violation of fictional canon, it is like alternative history ... you are freed from the oppressive past.  We all want freedom (for ourselves, not for the other guy).  I am divided on the past ... and the future.  The present division induces that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.