News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 19, 2017, 07:20:28 PM
Just remember that she was married to "Quick Silver" in "Godzilla".
I saw that, but I wasn't paying much attention.  The Avengers was the first time I noticed her, although she looked vaguely familiar, so I'd probably had seen her someplace.  The witch wasn't a big part.  It's almost like she was thrown in, but I was taken with the character, so she imprinted on my mind, and I'm thinking she may have a successful career ahead of her.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on September 19, 2017, 07:27:14 PM
I saw that, but I wasn't paying much attention.  The Avengers was the first time I noticed her, although she looked vaguely familiar, so I'd probably had seen her someplace.  The witch wasn't a big part.  It's almost like she was thrown in, but I was taken with the character, so she imprinted on my mind, and I'm thinking she may have a successful career ahead of her.
She's been busy since 2011, so I'd agree.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on September 19, 2017, 06:59:27 PM
imdb: 8/10
metacritic: 70/100
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/it-movie-box-office-opening-thursday-1202551182/
IMDB tends to have skewed ratings - instead of a normal distribution of a few crap movies, a ton of mediocre movies, and a few good movies, IMDB has a ton of 7/10 movies.  Like a lot of review sites, they use the Four Point Scale. (Almost everything is between 7/10 and 9/10 with the exception of a handful of panned movies.  Hell, Transformers is 7.1 and Star Wars Phantom Menace is a 6.5)

Generally speaking, I trust Metacritic more (it more closely resembles a normal distribution).  I also like Rotten Tomatoes, but there have been a few movies lately where it's been very different from my perception.

IT got a 85% on Rotten Tomatoes.  Not bad.

Shiranu

Quote from: SGOS on September 19, 2017, 06:17:03 PM
I think it was somewhere in Texas a couple of years ago where a high school girl was texting during a movie, and when asked to put her phone away, she refused, so management expelled her from the theater.  So she goes home incensed about not being able to text whenever she feels like it, calls the theater, and tells them she will never come back to their crappy theater because they threw her out for texting her girlfriend, and bla bla bla for another 3 minutes of this childish loss of self control.

So the theater stops playing their professionally made "Please don't talk or text during the movie," and starts playing the recording of the girl doing her high school tantrum over the phone, and ends the recording with their own message that they are serious about their do not disturb others policy.  NPR ran the news story, and actually played the recording of the girl doing her self centered rant.

Alamo draft house. They are great :D.

Skarsgard's Pennywise was absolutely amazing.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

Quote from: Shiranu on September 19, 2017, 10:42:47 PM
Alamo draft house. They are great :D.

Thanks, I googled her disgruntled call.  That girl sure does love her phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L3eeC2lJZs

Munch

okay, so the newest jeepers creepers movie is coming out. I saw the original, and kinda liked it. Thought the sequal was crap. Then I learned the director, Victor Salva, is a convicted pedophile who sexually molested a 12 year old back in 1989.
Lets just say I've no interest in seeing any of his movies anymore, new or old, but what I don't understand is a fact knowing its public about what he did, why did any studio want to allow him to make a movie and then advertise it? I mean theres being an asshole director who can hide that image from the public to get a film made, but then theres this, why would any advertising company want to promote his work?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Sal1981

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on September 20, 2017, 01:15:28 PM
okay, so the newest jeepers creepers movie is coming out. I saw the original, and kinda liked it. Thought the sequal was crap. Then I learned the director, Victor Salva, is a convicted pedophile who sexually molested a 12 year old back in 1989.
Lets just say I've no interest in seeing any of his movies anymore, new or old, but what I don't understand is a fact knowing its public about what he did, why did any studio want to allow him to make a movie and then advertise it? I mean theres being an asshole director who can hide that image from the public to get a film made, but then theres this, why would any advertising company want to promote his work?

Roman Polanski.  But then I wouldn't watch a film made by Bill Clinton either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Sal1981 on September 19, 2017, 07:24:02 PM
Transformers the last knight or some shit - 1/10

I didn't, honestly, want to watch the rest of this piece of shit movie. So, I didn't.

How many times can the Transformer series play "the last knight" idea?  I watched one once and they all seem to be the same but with more transforming.  Well, I guess that's the point.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Sorginak

What Happened To Monday; Noomi Rapace did an amazing job.  10/10

SGOS

Quote from: Sorginak on September 24, 2017, 09:44:09 AM
What Happened To Monday; Noomi Rapace did an amazing job.  10/10
I never heard of it, but I found a trailer and it looked like it would be right up my alley.  It looked like it may have been made for Netflix, which I don't get.  But if it's good enough, I'm thinking it will make it's way out of Netflix exclusivity and it to the greater public domain.

Sorginak

Quote from: SGOS on September 24, 2017, 10:03:04 AM
I never heard of it, but I found a trailer and it looked like it would be right up my alley.  It looked like it may have been made for Netflix, which I don't get.  But if it's good enough, I'm thinking it will make it's way out of Netflix exclusivity and it to the greater public domain.

Yes, it was Netflix, as the bottom of the poster reveals.

Trailer, for if anyone else wants to view it:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1536537/videoplayer/vi1748678937?ref_=tt_ov_vi

Cavebear

Quote from: Sorginak on September 24, 2017, 10:05:57 AM
Yes, it was Netflix, as the bottom of the poster reveals.

Trailer, for if anyone else wants to view it:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1536537/videoplayer/vi1748678937?ref_=tt_ov_vi

Seven Sisters?  Looks like a Samurai Jack steal.  LOL!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 28, 2017, 02:46:18 AM
Seven Sisters?  Looks like a Samurai Jack steal.  LOL!

Just another Republican dystopia ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 28, 2017, 07:55:23 PM
Just another Republican dystopia ;-(

A rational world helping all people?  Maybe I should check it out.