News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Bottle

I just watched Seventh Son wi jeff bridges an whatshisface who plays John Snow in Game of Thrones, he dies right at the beginning bythway, anyhow , Bridges plays the Gandalf type character who's fighting the Evil Witch and other assorted Demons & Witches etc...
it was nobad ah must say, but Bridges daft accent sounded like a cross between Welsh & Heavy Devon, but apart from that it was ok.   ill give it 7/10.
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

kilodelta

Russell Crowe: Noah... so, it's on Netflix. I read the reviews and people were complaining that it doesn't match the source material. So, I'm going to watch it.

I'm crossing my fingers and sacrificing a goat so that it turns out halfway entertaining.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

kilodelta

Confirmed at only eight minutes into it.

kilodelta

Surprising primary conflict in Noah:
[spoiler]The primary conflict in the story is finding Noah's three sons wives capable of giving birth...[/spoiler]

Aroura33

We Need to Talk About Kevin - 9/10
This movie is just...good.  The acting is amazing, the premise never feels forced or as though it has a politicized message at all, which is a real feat once you realize what the premise really is. 
Tilda Swinton is a good actress, but this is the best I've ever seen her.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

SGOS

The Hobbit: Battle of the Nine Armies, or Five Armies, or something.  1/10

What a pointless movie.  The story had been told, but they still made another two hours of hacking Orcs and slashing gobblins.  By the middle of the movie, I was so bored with an hour of hacking and slashing that I skipped ahead a half hour, and they are still hacking away on the same movie set, a castle up in the high mountains of New Zealand.  Everybody kills 10 Orcs in rapid succession, but suddenly someone gets pooped and is in trouble.  A friend comes to the rescue (every now and then a particularly troublesome Orc shows up).  Now the helpful friend is subdued and is just about to get killed, but a surprise attack from an elf or wizard kills the Orc in the nick of time.  Over and Over.  Each main character gets in trouble but is saved at the last second by repeating the sequence.  This drags on for what seems like most of the movie.

Finally I skipped to the end, and Bilbo is returning home in what is actually a welcomed, and compared to the rest of the film, a delightful 5 minutes before the final credits, which to me were more interesting than the movie itself.

kilodelta

1/10? Wow... I haven't seen the movie yet. But, I'm sure the production was well done with a decent score. That alone should be worth 2 or 3 points. But then again, we don't have an established rating scale with weighting.

SGOS

The scenery was spectacular, and the village sets were charming, but the plot was non existent for the most part.  It was just fighting.  As far as I could tell, what little there was of the plot was unnecessary to support the battle scenes.  I'm probably the exception.  I kind of enjoyed the first Hobbit movie, but couldn't get into the others at all.

I didn't get much out of the Lord of Rings either.  It's odd because I loved the book (The Hobbit) and I very much enjoyed The Trilogy that followed.

stromboli

So what are 5 armies going to do, knit booties?

SGOS

They could be more like real armies, with a lot of brass making dumb ass decisions, backed by politicians swaggering around in front of the public, and pandering to the egos of voters.

aitm

Watched Night and Day again, its a fun movie, got good action of course (mostly unbelievable) but Diaz and Cruise play well off each other. A nice fun movie when there is nothing else you want to watch.  5
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hydra009

Captain America:  Winter Soldier.  It was okay.  Great action, but the rest of it was sorta luckluster verging on bad.  Out of uniform, I honestly had a really difficult time believing that was Cap and that was Black Widow.  No wonder they gave the bad guys the slip.

Bucky was awesome.  No dialogue, just badassery.  Villainous to the core.  Then, in one scene, he turns good(ish).  Wow, that was sudden.

The abandoned but completely still functioning apparently sentient mainframe really threw me for a loop.  I mean, there's so much wrong with that sentence...  Oh, and its tape drives are USB compatible, because why not.  And then Black Widow yanks the thing out without hitting eject first.  At least a couple times.  Good thing there's nothing important on that drive, because doing that risks damaging the data on the thumb drive.

Sal1981

Penguins of Madagascar - 8/10

Fun entertainment, pretty good despite the sorta loose plot.

the_antithesis

Quote from: SGOS on April 25, 2015, 10:41:01 PM
It's odd because I loved the book (The Hobbit) and I very much enjoyed The Trilogy that followed.

IIRC in the book, we don't get to see much of the fight. Bilbo gets knocked out during the first charge and find out what happened after he comes to.

Personally, I disliked the idea of the Hobbit movies when I heard it was going to be two movies, much less three. the story just isn't strong enough to hold that all up.

I saw about half the first movie and had to stop due to outside circumstances and never went back to see the rest because I thought it was a load of cold hamster vomit. It just cemented into place that prequels are a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad idea.

drunkenshoe

Most people watched the Hobbit for revisitng the Middle Earth and they knew that. That's why I enjoyed it too honestly, I never expected something really good. Dwarves...and Martin Freeman was enough for me as young Bilbo. I liked the casting. still too pretty, but hey could have been worse. I also wanted to slap Legolas in a few scenes.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp