News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: aitm on December 15, 2014, 10:01:50 AM
November man with whatshisface....meh...mildly entertaining....about a 6.
I saw it at the theater.  I had about the same response.  Peirce is getting older and his career seems to have peaked, but I still go to his movies because I think he's a good actor, even if his roles aren't as compelling as they used to be.

Solitary

The Equalizer-----If you like movies about the bad guys getting what's coming to them, and gore. I liked it.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Aroura33

As Above, So Below.  Meh.  5? Maybe a 6?  It wasn't terrible, but it was a pretty straightforward full of cliché's horror movie.  I didn't fall asleep, but I did find myself playing Candy Mania on my tablet near the end.....not a good sign.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Mike Cl

I wanted to see the Interview--but that aint gonna happen now.  I don't go to many movies, but I would have gone to that one as a 'fuck you' to the cyber bullies.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

gussy

The Lego Movie

Manages to be a pop culture critique and an anti-fascist propaganda film disguised as a fun movie for all ages.  Will Farrell plays an evil corporate overlord and it is up to a construction worker, Nyan cat, ninja girl, Batman, hippie Morgan Freeman and robot pirate to stop him.  The most bizarre yet entertaining movie I've seen in a while.

SGOS

Wild  7/10

The first time I've ever taken notice of Reese Witherspoon as more than just shallow fluff.  The movie is not great, but it held my interest.  I would have preferred fewer flashbacks about her tormented past and dysfunctional family, which actually tended to dominate the movie.  I would have preferred more scenery and hiking adventures.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on August 15, 2014, 09:47:24 PM
At the time that series aired, there was nothing like it.  I haven't watched an episode in years.  It might seem a bit dated to me now, but I remember it being great fun.  There is one character who doesn't appear very often, just a few times in the entire series.  Colonel Flag.  Watch for him.  Every time he showed up, I knew it was going to be a great episode, and it was.  But I have a strange sense of humor sometimes.  It may not be like that for you.
Nothing like a good Flag-waving episode, is there?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Solitary

I watched Guardians of the Gallaxy today. A fun science fiction movie to watch that starts off like---what the hell is this? It's well done, and worth watching.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

GrinningYMIR

Just saw the Hobbit, good movie, though a bit drawn out. I enjoyed it greatly, but it really felt at times like it was just making the trilogy a biut longer, I guess that's what the criticism was about. Still glad I saw it, 8/10!
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

aitm

teenage mutant ninja turtles…..not of my own choice…but there I was…so it was kinda fun…my daughter enjoyed it which is sadly more reflective of her intellect. Like the cartoon I still cannot explain the need for masks, as if taking them off would somehow make them less noticeable in the general public eh? But of course it IS a cartoon based on……..eh……..magic..so there ya go. I would give it a 3. Okay on a night when you are not interested in anything thought provoking and most certainly one I will never watch again, once was a quite enough.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mr.Obvious

Slumdog milionaire.
What a film, what a film!
So painful ter beautiful! 9,4/10
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Deidre32

Compliance. STRANGEST MOVIE EVER, and the fact that it was based on actual events, is beyond strange.

I give it 9/10 for acting, but overall a 6/10.

I felt like I had to shower after watching it. Eek. Anyone else see this?
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Mike Cl

Just saw Wild.  I guess Witherspoon is an actress--I was a bit surprised.  To have a movie made about hiking means it has to be good--surprised again, for it was good.  It was interesting to note that the most dangerous thing she faced on the hike (1200 miles in the wild) was a pair of male hunters.  I'd give it an 8.5/10.  See it...............
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

St Giordano Bruno

Ripley Scott's Exodus god of Kings was in a word spectacular. Liked the tsunami scene and those vistas of spectacular rock formations alone. I was dreading some faith proselytizing Bible epic which is why I put off seeing it for so long but was not as bad as I feared. Ridley Scott said it was based on a tsunami that was generated by and earthquake off the coast of Italy about 3000 years ago but is also could well of been due the Minoan eruption a few hundred years earlier. Such food for thought for Bible skeptics like myself. I would rate it 6 out of 10. The 4 deducted for those “pyramid building scenes” which did not belong to that period at all.   BTW I met a few fundy Christians who were very pissed off by this movie, perhaps it was the 12 year old "kid God" which I found very humorous. What did they expect some old guy with a long white beard peering behind the clouds with a big booming voice!
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

Sal1981