News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Evilenko 2004. Andrei Evilenko murdered 55 women and children in the Kiev area back in the 80s and was allegedly executed although rumor has it that westerners offered $$$$ to Russia to turn him over to them for unknown reasons. The murders were very gruesome and he reportedly also ate several.

If you have the Roku service you can watch it on The Grindhouse Channel

Pretty good movie if you like grindhouse kind of stuff.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

aitm

Quote from: Shiranu on November 29, 2014, 04:25:32 AM
Schindler's List... not sure my heart will know how to ever feel happy again.
yeah, thats one of those movies where one wants to see again but never wants to see again.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on December 09, 2014, 07:36:41 PM
Evilenko 2004. Andrei Evilenko murdered 55 women and children in the Kiev area back in the 80s and was allegedly executed although rumor has it that westerners offered $$$$ to Russia to turn him over to them for unknown reasons. The murders were very gruesome and he reportedly also ate several.

If you have the Roku service you can watch it on The Grindhouse Channel

Pretty good movie if you like grindhouse kind of stuff.
I wonder if this is one I watched on Amazon Prime a month ago.  It was a riveting story, and if not the same movie, it's probably the same killer.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: SGOS on December 09, 2014, 07:57:11 PM
I wonder if this is one I watched on Amazon Prime a month ago.  It was a riveting story, and if not the same movie, it's probably the same killer.
Being on Grindhouse I figured it would be gory, but it wasn't. More suggestive for a mature audience. Malcolm McDowell was in it.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

I just watched a movie for the second time that is a favorite of hunters: Powder
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

aitm

Just watched Guardians of the Galaxy…..s'okay….about a 7 outa 10 kinda fun but even for a marvel a touch over the top.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

Quote from: aitm on December 09, 2014, 09:59:15 PM
Just watched Guardians of the Galaxy…..s'okay….about a 7 outa 10 kinda fun but even for a marvel a touch over the top.
Over the top?  It's perfectly normal for a talking raccoon to save the universe.

Atheon

If only I had the time to see a movie. I want to see Interstellar. No idea if it's still showing. I will sneak away from my craazy peak-season work schedule to see The Hobbit, which comes out next week.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

aitm

a sentient
Quote from: SGOS on December 10, 2014, 03:32:59 AM
Over the top?  It's perfectly normal for a talking raccoon to save the universe.
a sentient mobile tree and your compliant is the raccoon? LOL.....

SGOS

Horrible Bosses II

I just truly hope this will be the last one.  Jennifer Aniston is great as always, but overall, the movie is boring.

Solitary

I just watched the Wicker Man, about a man from the mainland of Scotland that is a police officer looking for a missing girl, he is a Christian, and the people on the Island are Pagans, and they sacrifice him at the end. A good example of how magical thinking is insane, and results in man's inhumanity to man.  :wall: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Shiranu

Too drunk to finish atm,but watching the original 1973 wicker man with Christopher Lee... I absolutely love the concept of the pagan and Christian cultures competing in our.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

I watched a more recent version staring Nicolas Cage a year ago.  I didn't know the story.  I found it shocking.

Shiranu

Quote from: SGOS on December 15, 2014, 08:32:12 AM
I watched a more recent version staring Nicolas Cage a year ago.  I didn't know the story.  I found it shocking.

I know it is suppose to be a complete disgrace to the original.

The original... finished it earlier, and yeah it was crazy. So many questions... was the main "villain" (Sir Christopher Lee) actually a pagan or just exploiting them? Was he even a villain, really? Was the Christian even suppose to be taken as a "good guy" or just a character caught in the story? And holy crap, the plot twist doe.

I enjoyed it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

aitm

November man with whatshisface....meh...mildly entertaining....about a 6.