News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

Instructions Not Included---a don't miss movie---try not to get a lump in your throat at the end! Also see who it is in the trial audience!

http://youtu.be/-rlFr2lu0IY
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Sal1981

Interstellar - 9.5/10

Brilliant movie, but got a bit too sci-fi-ish in the end.

caseagainstfaith

I thought Insterstellar was pretty good, but not spectacular.  Didn't really care for the ending.  But lots better than Inception to me.  I really did not care for Inception, despite how many people loved it.
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

Notthesun

Mockingjay: Not as good as Catching Fire, and it lacks really exciting moments, but I still enjoyed it.

Grade: B+
Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

AllPurposeAtheist

Let's Make Money-- If everything in the movie is true and I have no reason to believe it isn't then the global economy is about 1000 times worse off than we're lead to believe, perhaps millions of times worse.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Quote from: Notthesun on November 22, 2014, 02:33:42 PM
Mockingjay: Not as good as Catching Fire, and it lacks really exciting moments, but I still enjoyed it.

Grade: B+
I will see it over the Thanksgiving weekend when I visit my sister.  I did read the book.  From what I can tell, there's not enough in the book to stretch out into two full movies.

the_antithesis

Quote from: SGOS on November 23, 2014, 04:05:40 AM
I will see it over the Thanksgiving weekend when I visit my sister.  I did read the book.  From what I can tell, there's not enough in the book to stretch out into two full movies.

Welp, they didn't let that keep them from milking the fans for as many pennies as they can squeeze out of them.

Sal1981

Lucy. 4/10 - cheap gimmicky story and vapid ideas about Scienceâ,,¢ and Philosophyâ,,¢. A 12-year old kid could come up with better analogies they tried to push through in that movie about reality and knowledge, really rustled my jimmies. Well, at least there were a bunch of ridiculous special effects and colours.

Aroura33

Predestination.
I don't even know how to rate this movie!  I enjoyed it and I think it had a lot of fun intentionally not making sense and screwing with the audience, so based on that I'll give it an 8 out of 10.  IF you are one of the people who sees this and thinks that there is a gaping plot hole, you might not like it, but personally, I think it's intentional on the part of the writers, kind of making fun of time travel movies and having a good ole time doing it.

Spoilers:
[spoiler]A time travel agent who is hunting a time traveling terrorist goes out of his way to set himself up with himself (prior to a sex change) in order to impregnate himself with himself, so he can become the time traveling terrorist he is hunting and ultimately kill himself. [/spoiler]
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Shiranu

Quote from: Aroura33 on November 27, 2014, 03:03:41 AM
Predestination.
I don't even know how to rate this movie!  I enjoyed it and I think it had a lot of fun intentionally not making sense and screwing with the audience, so based on that I'll give it an 8 out of 10.  IF you are one of the people who sees this and thinks that there is a gaping plot hole, you might not like it, but personally, I think it's intentional on the part of the writers, kind of making fun of time travel movies and having a good ole time doing it.

Spoilers:
[spoiler]A time travel agent who is hunting a time traveling terrorist goes out of his way to set himself up with himself (prior to a sex change) in order to impregnate himself with himself, so he can become the time traveling terrorist he is hunting and ultimately kill himself. [/spoiler]

That spoiler just wrinkled my brain. That sounds amazing lol.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Gravity is free to add to your movie library in Google Play. I'll be watching that a little later this week.

https://play.google.com/store/movies/details/Gravity?id=3nsimcpL5Ho&hl=en

Sal1981

Predestination - 7/10

Could be better, IMO. The angle of this movie was that it is a mystery to unfold, to find out who the bomber is, wrecking chaos, but if you follow the very first minutes, it becomes obvious who it is; at least it did to me.

caseagainstfaith

Transformers:  Age of Extinction

No kidding its not a great movie.  The jokes were not very funny.  The dialog, particularly by the Transformers, was pretty corny, stilted.  Yet, for some reason, I still found it more enjoyable than I should  In other words, it wasn't as bad to me as it is to most other people.  I'll give it a 6/10.

Edge of Tomorrow
It is well known to be a Groundhog Day meets Sci-Fi movie.  And, well, I just couldn't help but keep thinking about GD every time Cruise's character dies and comes back. Its a fun movie.  But forgettable.  6.5/10.
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

Shiranu

Schindler's List... not sure my heart will know how to ever feel happy again.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cabanaboy1313

Insterstellar Not a great movie but at least I wasn't disappointed.
If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much space.