News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on October 27, 2014, 03:47:08 PM
I can't imagine any downside to watching Tom Cruise die over and over again.

Neither can I.

PickelledEggs

Watched "Rush" finally. It was pretty good.

Sent from your mom

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: stromboli on October 28, 2014, 12:35:59 AM
Neither can I.
There you go again persecuting the scientologists.. They work hard at duping people in the name of god and science fiction.. and their...uhhh... money..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

I like this movie for two reasons, conservatives hate it, and Joan Jett is in it, both ahead of their times.

http://youtu.be/cJl6e2ggpu0
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

SGOS

Chef  7/10

I usually don't like foodie movies where so much time is devoted to scenes where people act like they are having orgasms from tasting some indescribably fancy food preparations.  But this movie had a plot, not entirely predictable, in that you didn't know how Hollywood was going to bring about the desired ending we all knew was coming.  Very good cast with some big names, and it held my interest when I was expecting a snorer.  I thought the characters were likeable people.  I could connect with them.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: SGOS on October 29, 2014, 02:13:01 AM
Chef  7/10

I usually don't like foodie movies where so much time is devoted to scenes where people act like they are having orgasms from tasting some indescribably fancy food preparations.  But this movie had a plot, not entirely predictable, in that you didn't know how Hollywood was going to bring about the desired ending we all knew was coming.  Very good cast with some big names, and it held my interest when I was expecting a snorer.  I thought the characters were likeable people.  I could connect with them.
Chef... Man..You'd watch a movie based on the phone book wouldn't you?  :lol:

SGOS

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 29, 2014, 02:28:02 PM
Chef... Man..You'd watch a movie based on the phone book wouldn't you?  :lol:
I guess I watch a lot of movies.  I enjoy a wide variety of them and for a lot of different reasons, but I frequently turn them off 20 minutes into the film.  Sometimes I walk out of theaters.  So I am discriminating, but I admit my tastes differ from most people.

Having said that:

Night Crawler 8/10

This is one creepy movie, but not Halloween creepy.  It deals with slimy human bottom feeders.  You won't like anyone in this film.  The most redeemable characters play minor roles.  They are about as important to the film as Batman's girlfriend.    I don't think they are even given names.  But it will keep your attention.  It's one of those, I can't look away situations.

Solitary

Duma, a great family movie, or if you like nature and adventure. 10

Solitary

Sex Tape         With Cameron Diaz. Funny movie.       

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Solitary on November 10, 2014, 10:20:00 PM
Sex Tape         With Cameron Diaz. Funny movie.       
I moved your post to the movie thread, Solitary. No need for an extra thread for such a small post about an already existing topic.

Solitary

Quote from: PickelledEggs on November 10, 2014, 10:34:58 PM
I moved your post to the movie thread, Solitary. No need for an extra thread for such a small post about an already existing topic.
Thanks, I couldn't find the movie thread, and I'm not going to spend time looking too long for it. Good Job! 

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Solitary on November 10, 2014, 11:39:29 PM
Thanks, I couldn't find the movie thread, and I'm not going to spend time looking too long for it. Good Job!
It actually has been stickied at the top for quite a while now lol

Sent from your mom

aitm

made the mistake of watching Hercules..... hoy boy.......wait for a wintry night and you're stuck in the house with no food or drink, half way through you will be desperate you may just kill yourself to avoid any more agony.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

Manilla Metro.. Great flick if you have Netflix and like movies with subtitles.. The women are really hot too..

Solitary

Sin City part two. Who doesn't like sin?