News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoriPinkAngel

My son and I went to Tammy.  I'd give it a 7/10.  Most of the funny parts were in the trailers you saw on TV or waiting for other movies.  There wasn't much unexpected.  There were some funny out takes during the ending credits.  I would have enjoyed it more if the best parts hadn't already been shown so many times.

Nam

Quote from: LoriPinkAngel on August 06, 2014, 10:59:24 AM
My son and I went to Tammy.  I'd give it a 7/10.  Most of the funny parts were in the trailers you saw on TV or waiting for other movies.  There wasn't much unexpected.  There were some funny out takes during the ending credits.  I would have enjoyed it more if the best parts hadn't already been shown so many times.

I hate it when they show the ending in movies. Like you can't tell it's the ending.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

Shiranu

Going to reserve my thoughts on Tammy (haven't seen it, don't plan on it) other than... I grew up with people who she is stereotyping so I can't find any humour in it, just patheticness at how accurate it most likely is. Would probably depress me too much to watch it.

So, I watched Star Wars: A New Hope for the first time in years... god, it felt so good.

10/10, even though there are so many plot holes and corny bits and somewhat lack-luster acting and... fuck, I just don't care. The mythology this one film created is simply too amazing, and watching it again was like seeing an old friend for the first time in years and years and years... it was just an amazing feeling.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Nam

Nam

Quote from: Shiranu on August 06, 2014, 03:26:42 PM
Going to reserve my thoughts on Tammy (haven't seen it, don't plan on it) other than... I grew up with people who she is stereotyping so I can't find any humour in it, just patheticness at how accurate it most likely is. Would probably depress me too much to watch it.

So, I watched Star Wars: A New Hope for the first time in years... god, it felt so good.

10/10, even though there are so many plot holes and corny bits and somewhat lack-luster acting and... fuck, I just don't care. The mythology this one film created is simply too amazing, and watching it again was like seeing an old friend for the first time in years and years and years... it was just an amazing feeling.

Which version?

-Nam

Shiranu

Quote from: Nam on August 06, 2014, 03:29:43 PM
Which version?

-Nam

Pretty sure the remastered, where Han doesn't shoot first (which is lame).

Also, it explains why some of the voice acting sounded so weird since they did alot of chopping and editing...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Nam

Quote from: Shiranu on August 06, 2014, 03:51:25 PM
Pretty sure the remastered, where Han doesn't shoot first (which is lame).

Also, it explains why some of the voice acting sounded so weird since they did alot of chopping and editing...

It took me years to buy it on DVD; I did have bootleg copies of the originals. Then, finally Lucas relented and released the originals with the newer versions. Then I got those.

Of course it took Lucas awhile to release them on DVD, period because he invested so much in LD's.

-Nam

Nam

Middle of the Night (1959) -- 9/10.

Kim Novak was great in this.

-Nam

SGOS

Get On Up  6/10

The music was enjoyable, but I'm not sure there was much else about James Brown that is interesting enough to make a biography about.  From what I could tell from the movie, James Brown was about a whole Hell of a lot of musical talent, but it pretty much ends there.  As often happens, Hollywood produces copycat movies.  This used a style and ideas that mirrors Jersey Boys.  It's clearly a rip-off, but is carried by iconic songs that we all loved.

LoriPinkAngel

Just watched Reservoir Dogs, 9/10.  I pretty much love anything by Quentin Tarantino.

Green Bottle

A cpl of movies i recently watched..

Shogun Assassin, i liked it tho its not the best of its type, 6 / 10

Twelve Monkeys, 3rd time watching this and still as enjoyable as the 1st time, Brad pitt plays it well as the crazy nutjob...   8 / 10

Rock n Rolla, typical Guy ritchie london gangster hoodlum type film but quite enjoyable if uv had a few beers.  8 / 10
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Nam

Waterloo Bridge (1940) -- 10/10.

-Nam

LoriPinkAngel

Jaws!  The parts that originally scared me cracked me up this time.  I'd never realized that the phrase "That's one bad hat, Harry" came from that movie.  Fun and nostalgic to watch.  I can't place a number rating on it.

Solitary

I just watched Excision. One really strange movie with a really strange girl---oh! Tracy Lords is in it as her mother. You want to be a surgeon, watch this one.  :eek: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Gawdzilla Sama

Hercules, 8/10. They don't go the demi-god route.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers