News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Nam on July 25, 2014, 12:34:53 AM
The Bad News Bears Go to Japan (1978) -- 2/10.

Awful.

-Nam
WHAT? That was the greatest movie ever made about lousy kid actors who couldn't play baseball and went to Japan. 
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mr.Obvious

Boyhood.

I find it an artistic masterpiece, though it's hard to describe why I like this film.

10/10 would reccomend.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Nam

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (2013) -- 5/10.

Eh...Van Helsing meets Brothers' Grimm. Both movies I like but combined...eh...

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

Green Bottle

Just watched '' The Pianist'  would give it  8/10 thot it was gd movie would recommend it....
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Nam

Quote from: Green Bottle on July 26, 2014, 08:19:23 PM
Just watched '' The Pianist'  would give it  8/10 thot it was gd movie would recommend it....

Have that on DVD.

-Nam

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Nam on July 26, 2014, 08:15:25 PM
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (2013) -- 5/10.

Eh...Van Helsing meets Brothers' Grimm. Both movies I like but combined...eh...

-Nam
Rimmer should have kept his bow.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

The Ante. 1/100 Hilariously stupid murder plot. Some poor slob is framed for a murder he didn't do, but this is so bad you'll laugh all the way through at the bad acting and directing, but the cinematography is actually pretty good.
It's one you just can't look away from it's that bad.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Nam on July 18, 2014, 02:06:43 PM
The Man in the Moon (1991) -- 8/10.

-Nam

Was that the movie about Andy Kaufman? That was really good

Edit: I should probably learn to read the rest of the thread...  I'm going to sleep haha
Sent from your mom

Nam

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (2013) -- 6/10.

Even though it's 2 hrs 10 min. it was too short. It felt like they crammed so much (without too much explanation) of the story into such a backass edit that it was too overwhelming (in a technical viewpoint). But that wasn't the worst of it, I felt I was watching the Twilight series (though I've only seen the first film), some cliché version of a vampire movie, Underworld, Star Wars (the bad guy "Bane" is Darth Vader who has a son and daughter, except in this film the daughter is the hero instead of the son), Stargate (a portal that can take you places and like Stargate is round and looks like water), Harry Potter (minimally), X-men (a "school" with a "professor" and everything) and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade; and i'm sure many others.

I read they're making a second one.

Oh joy.

-Nam

Jutter

The 100 year old man who climed out a window and disappeared
6.5/10

I wouldn't place this on par with Little Big Man, or Forest Gump, but if you like such witty history-tickling stories, this is still good fun. I think the bulk of the humor lies in the anatagonists being ruthlessly powerless against the obnoxious luck of the 100 years old opportunist Allan, and the merry band of friends he surrounds himself with (elephant included). Allan's a  guy who seems more like a force of nature to reckon with, than a character to relate to, and there lies the movie's weak spot... a protagonist so roboticly self-absorbed that even 99 laps around the sun can't make him sympathatic.
No religion for me thank you very much; I 'm full of shit enough as it is.

Being flabbergasted about existence never made anyone disappear in a poof of flabbergas, so nevermind why we're here. We ARE here.

Nam

Stand Up Guys (2012) -- 7/10.

Quite enjoyed it.

-Nam

Nam

AllPurposeAtheist

Innocent Voices. 9/10.. A 10 year old boy in El Salvador has to decide between joining the Salvadoran army or joining the peasant resistance gorillas. Good flick based on true story.
At the time the Salvadoran army took 11 year old boys to fight in the war that lasted 12 years and was US backed.

Shiranu

The Original Alien Movie - It was pretty good.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Nam

The Great Gatsby (2013) -- 8/10.

-Nam