News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Jesus Camp is a documentary about how the church camps are child abuse. I saw it via one of the things I follow on facebook

Sent from your mom

AllPurposeAtheist

Watch it anyway.. You need some good old fashioned instruction from 1951 .. :lol:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 18, 2014, 12:49:23 AM
Watch it anyway.. You need some good old fashioned instruction from 1951 .. :lol:
Lol I think I should follow that up with Reefer Madness

Sent from your mom

Nam

Quote from: PickelledEggs on July 18, 2014, 01:00:30 AM
Lol I think I should follow that up with Reefer Madness

Sent from your mom

I have that posted here, somewhere...

Should watch the musical: hilarious and really fucking violent.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

AllPurposeAtheist

I have better....That Rotten Tea Bag..
Not very long, but damned patriotic.. It'll make you proud to be a coffee drinker..

https://archive.org/details/ThatRottenTeaBag

AllPurposeAtheist

Ohhhhh...here's a real winner by Creationism..
The DEADLY Legacy of Darwinism! You're gonna just luvvvv this one..
https://archive.org/details/DarwinsDeadlyLegacy

Nam

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 18, 2014, 02:04:38 AM
Ohhhhh...here's a real winner by Creationism..
The DEADLY Legacy of Darwinism! You're gonna just luvvvv this one..
https://archive.org/details/DarwinsDeadlyLegacy

I'll watch it later, it's in 7 parts.

-Nam

AllPurposeAtheist

I made it through part 1.. Then thought, Oh fuck you dumb bastards..

AllPurposeAtheist

Here's a great animated Disney-like cartoon with cute woodland animals used to sell the clean, clear taste of.. PM blended whiskey.. After all, what kid doesn't love that clean clear taste of blended whiskey? :lol:

https://archive.org/details/PmPicnic1948

Nam

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 18, 2014, 02:39:29 AM
Here's a great animated Disney-like cartoon with cute woodland animals used to sell the clean, clear taste of.. PM blended whiskey.. After all, what kid doesn't love that clean clear taste of blended whiskey? :lol:

https://archive.org/details/PmPicnic1948

Pm Picnic (1950) (they have the year incorrect) -- 3/10.

I hope Art Carney got paid a lot, or got free beer, or something because that sucked.

-Nam

Shiranu

Just watched Lone Survivor...

On one hand, it was a really good movie, I give it at least a 8.7/10.

On the other... fuck, that was hard to watch through. Military flicks like that, especially one's based on true stories, get a lot harder to watch the more family and friends you have who are foot soldiers. Add ontop of that I have seen more blood and guts from idiots than I like and it makes it almost too unpleasant to watch :\.

Overall it was a really good movie, but I really regret watching it... made me feel like shit.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Nam on July 18, 2014, 02:53:27 AM
Pm Picnic (1950) (they have the year incorrect) -- 3/10.

I hope Art Carney got paid a lot, or got free beer, or something because that sucked.

-Nam
Yeah yeah yeah.. Like YOU wouldn't sell whiskey to small children..

Solitary

APA, thanks for the videos! You always make my day. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Munch

Maleficent - 7/10

(And yeah obviously Spoilers)

This ones gotten a lot of really bad reviews and some good ones. My personal take on it is that its a okay movie.
The biggest complaint people had about this movie was how it changed the character of maleficent, from the one everyone knows from the original 1959 sleeping beauty, from the mistress of all evil, to a sympathetic character.

I kind of knew what the theme of this movie was going towards just from the trailers, after all there was no way you could make a movie about maleficent and not have her be the main star of the story. Something people forgot about the original sleeping beauty was just how fucking boring the prince and aurora was in it, and the real stars were the good fairies and maleficent.

In this retelling, it is essentially rewriting the character, but it also gave more depth to her on why she is the way she is, how she isn't evil so much as a woman scorned. It made the king in this movie into the real villain, it gave a whole lesson of the cruelty of mankind. What this movie actually did was something the animated didn't, and was give more character to aurora, she's still the buttery sweet princess, but she actually comes off as that instead of a cardboard character.
The good fairies are just near pointless editions to the story, but it gives more time to other characters because of this.

And yes, biggest spoiler, i liked the fact maleficent made a bond with aurora, becoming her fairy godmother and she being the one to remove the curse, because one thing that pissed me off about the original was how the whole 'true loves first kiss' came from a guy who only had known her for a day or so, so in this adaptation his kiss didn't do shit, while maleficent, who grew up taking care of aurora, almost raising her and loving her like a daughter, actually did love her in the end because it was more genuine then the animated movie made it.

Its not perfect, there are a few things here and there that could have been improved upon, but overall I liked this movie, I liked this retelling of the character, because it would be been a seriously predicable movie if it followed it script and plot of the original.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Nam

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 18, 2014, 12:33:57 PM
Yeah yeah yeah.. Like YOU wouldn't sell whiskey to small children..

Hells no. I hate whiskey (except bourbon) l, why would I want to poison children?

-Nam