News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Notthesun

Transformers 4 - Well, what can I say? I love action. This has to be the worst of all of them (I loved part 1!). I did not like any of the humans. At least Shia was funny and the parents were lovable in the other three. In this one we have an annoying ass dad, a hot daughter, and a boyfriend. They had nothing to offer (Didn't expect them to!). Anyways, the action was cool. Although it seemed scaled down compared to all the others. No matter what, I will always love Bumblebee! Everytime he was on screen I felt like a little boy! That will always be the best part of these movies.

Grade: D
Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

Nam

Quote from: Notthesun on June 27, 2014, 03:45:45 AM
Transformers 4 - Well, what can I say? I love action. This has to be the worst of all of them (I loved part 1!). I did not like any of the humans. At least Shia was funny and the parents were lovable in the other three. In this one we have an annoying ass dad, a hot daughter, and a boyfriend. They had nothing to offer (Didn't expect them to!). Anyways, the action was cool. Although it seemed scaled down compared to all the others. No matter what, I will always love Bumblebee! Everytime he was on screen I felt like a little boy! That will always be the best part of these movies.

Grade: D

I still have my Bumblebee transformer from the 80's.

I liked the first two, didn't care too much for the third.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

SGOS

I've already decided I won't bother to see Transformers 4.  Like others here I was delightfully surprised by 1.  The rest got progressively less interesting.  I left the theater in the middle of the third one.

SGOS

Jersey Boys 8/10

I thought it was much better than the critics.

Green Bottle

The last 2 movies i watched were, Prometheus and Rise of the planet of the apes , i enjoyed them both.... :popcorn:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

stromboli

RATE THE MOVIE YOU WOULDN'T WATCH ON A BET

The Legend of Bagger Vance. Scientologist Will Smith imparting life advice to a disillusioned white guy. And golf. 0/0.

Aroura33

The Serpent and The Rainbow, 3/10

Brief plot synopsis:  Guy is asked by his pharmaceutical employer to go to Haiti and find the zombie powders and bring them back so modern medicine can use them to make a new kind of anesthetic.  Guy finds out Voodoo is real, but zombie powder is still just a mix of known scientific substances that the drug companies can still use....plus hot mixed race sex throw in there somewhere.

I found it painfully bad. At first it was annoying, with terrible narration and acting by Bill Paxton.  The only redeeming quality being a strong black female lead.  But then the plot got SUPER stupid AND slow at the same time.  There were moments I actually started dozing off on my husband shoulder, followed by a random explosion or loud exclamation that would wake me, only to get boring again and I'd start dozing off.  I was awake for the end, which was just silly piled on top of stupid.

This is supposed to be an interesting book. Maybe I'll give that a try, but probably not.  Anyway, if you are having insomnia, I highly recommend this movie.  If you want an enjoyably bad flick, this isn't it though.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Nam

Nam

Quote from: stromboli on June 27, 2014, 12:12:02 PM
RATE THE MOVIE YOU WOULDN'T WATCH ON A BET

The Legend of Bagger Vance. Scientologist Will Smith imparting life advice to a disillusioned white guy. And golf. 0/0.

Will Smith isn't a Scientologist though he stated in the past he likes what they say. But he's not an actual Scientologist.

And The Legend of Bagger Vance is a good movie.

-Nam

stromboli

Quote from: Aroura33 on June 27, 2014, 01:06:39 PM
The Serpent and The Rainbow, 3/10

Brief plot synopsis:  Guy is asked by his pharmaceutical employer to go to Haiti and find the zombie powders and bring them back so modern medicine can use them to make a new kind of anesthetic.  Guy finds out Voodoo is real, but zombie powder is still just a mix of known scientific substances that the drug companies can still use....plus hot mixed race sex throw in there somewhere.

My husband hat a fit of movie nostalgia and asked me to watch this with him on Netflix. He remembered it as being pretty cool.  I found it painfully bad. At first it was annoying, with terrible narration and acting by Bill Paxton.  The only redeeming quality being a strong black female lead.  But then the plot got SUPER stupid AND slow at the same time.  There were moments I actually started dozing off on my husband shoulder, followed by a random explosion or loud exclamation that would wake me, only to get boring again and I'd start dozing off.  I was awake for the end, which was just silly piled on top of stupid.

This is supposed to be an interesting book. Maybe I'll give that a try, but probably not.  Anyway, if you are having insomnia, I highly recommend this movie.  If you want an enjoyably bad flick, this isn't it though.

I agree. I was expecting more from the movie. I read a synopsis of the book, and it really intrigued me.

stromboli

Quote from: Nam on June 27, 2014, 01:30:48 PM
Will Smith isn't a Scientologist though he stated in the past he likes what they say. But he's not an actual Scientologist.

And The Legend of Bagger Vance is a good movie.

-Nam

I wouldn't know. I didn't see it.   :biggrin:

AllPurposeAtheist

Plot for every action movie made today
[spoiler]Badass kicks everyone's ass for two hours, gets to bang the girl.[/spoiler]
No exceptions. :think:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on June 27, 2014, 05:34:25 PM
Plot for every action movie made today
[spoiler]Badass kicks everyone's ass for two hours, gets to bang the girl.[/spoiler]
No exceptions. :think:

Tomb Raider. Lady Croft doesn't get to bang the girl... sadly...
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Nam

A Nous la Liberte (1931) -- 9/10

-Nam

stromboli

That Man From Rio (1964) 9/10
Jean Paul Belmondo at the top of his game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JmQO5BAT0k