News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Don't Breathe is not my favorite genre, but the first one kept me on the edge of my seat, which is very unusual for this type of film.

Gawdzilla Sama

I liked the individuality of the characters. Instead of three bad boys they had three people with different levels of intent and purpose.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

The reason it affected me so viscerally, was that the characters seemed unusually real.  It's been a while since I watched it, but as I recall, none of them acted stupidly, which is the main gimmick of Hollywood horror.  Their only stupid mistake was to decide to rob a guy's house.  Once in, they were trapped, and at his mercy.  So in a way, they got what they deserved for their criminal intent, but it was totally disproportionate, and so far beyond Hammurabi's Code that it was surreal.

Gawdzilla Sama

Their BIG MISTAKE© was to assume he'd be an easy target.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

Tomorrow War. I liked it. I give it a 8. Lots of action, touch of comedy…end was predictable…but open to alternate mental thoughts. Enjoyed it.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 24, 2021, 06:10:26 AM
Were that Doc Ock?
The old Peter Parker is long gone, now a grown up, Doctor Octavian looks pretty much the same.  They didn't even have to get a new actor.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on August 24, 2021, 06:28:41 AM
The old Peter Parker is long gone, now a grown up, Doctor Octavian looks pretty much the same.  They didn't even have to get a new actor.
Didn't need one if the timeline is wonky.
PZ Myers

Hydra009

If any of you guys haven't watched Loki yet, it's pretty much required viewing for No Way Home.  It makes all this multiverse talk make much more sense.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 24, 2021, 02:35:23 PM
If any of you guys haven't watched Loki yet, it's pretty much required viewing for No Way Home.  It makes all this multiverse talk make much more sense.
What streaming service is it on?  I can't find it where it's supposed to be.

Blackleaf

Quote from: SGOS on August 24, 2021, 06:28:41 AM

Quote from: SGOS on August 24, 2021, 03:06:34 PM

Disney+.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 24, 2021, 02:35:23 PM
Just watched episode 1.  Marvel yet again shows its creativity.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on August 24, 2021, 03:06:34 PM
Disney Plus.  Also... *gets pruned*

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 18, 2021, 06:13:06 PM
No idea why this idea popped (or pooped) into my mind.  I wondered if any major movies have been made and released to theaters, that had no music.  Personally I like music and I like it in movies.  But then, when going about my daily life there is no music playing in the background (unless I produce it myself).  I found this article.

15 Great Movies With No Musical Score.

https://thecinemaholic.com/great-movies-with-no-musical-score/

Would you believe I have not seen a single one of these?  Has anyone seen any of these--and if so, did you miss music, or not?

The only ones on that list I've seen are 'M' and 'Dog Day Afternoon', both great flicks.  'Blair Witch Project' also lacks a soundtrack -- although YMMV as to whether it's a great movie or not.  We were a good 2/3 through watching it in the theater when I realized there was no soundtrack, and that was kind of jarring to actively notice the absence of music.  I won't call it one of the greatest movies, but it's still the creepiest movie I've ever seen.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan