Author Topic: Rate the latest movie you've seen.  (Read 453621 times)

Offline Baruch

Re: Rate the latest movie you've seen.
« Reply #5820 on: September 16, 2020, 10:38:57 AM »
How about a pre-French Revolution script ...

"The art of taxation consists in so plucking the goose as to procure the largest quantity of feathers with the least possible amount of hissing." -  Jean-Baptiste Colbert

Out of geese?  Got Assignats.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 11:42:32 PM by Baruch »
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ ła’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Offline SGOS

« Reply #5821 on: September 16, 2020, 07:07:55 PM »
   BBC staff set on Reg and saw his head off.
ANIMATION: Reg's head starts off by being thrown into picture.
Animation leads to an oak panelled, Civil Service committee room. A politician is addressing three officals.

Politician   Gentlemen, our MP saw the PM this AM and the PM wants more LSD from the PIB by tomorrow AM or PM at the latest. I told the PM's PPS that AM was NBG so tomorrow PM it is for the PM nem. con. Give us a fag or I'll go spare. Now, the fiscal deficit with regard to the monetary balance, the current financial year excluding invisible exports, but adjusted of course for seasonal variations and the incremental statistics of the fiscal and revenue arrangements for the forthcoming annual budgetary period terminating in April.
Somewhere in there you should insert the words "financial instruments."  It doesn't matter where, just about anywhere.  I always laugh when I hear some talking head say, "This, and other financial instruments."  It sounds so much more refined that "stack of poker chips."

« Reply #5822 on: September 17, 2020, 08:05:50 AM »
Given that I was on a cell phone and in the hospital I thought I did pretty good to get a readable copy up there.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline aitm

« Reply #5823 on: September 19, 2020, 09:14:17 AM »
Given that I was on a cell phone and in the hospital I thought I did pretty good to get a readable copy up there.

Hope you weren’t a patient, but if so, hope all is well. Can’t afford to lose our resident curmudgeon. 😉
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust