News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on April 02, 2020, 10:43:18 AM
Daredevil was the best handicapped hero since Ironsides (starring Raymond Burr).  And Monk (starring Tony Shalhoub) ... is you count his autism as a handicap.

Monk had way more than just autism. He had nearly every phobia known to man. He was even scared of milk. lol. But he was mainly known for his obsessive compulsive disorder, which helped him notice anything out of place or unusual.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

https://www.cnet.com/news/the-us-box-office-made-just-5k-over-the-last-week-in-march/

QuoteThe US box office made just $5K in the last week of March

The same time last year, it made over $200 million.

The outlook is grim for the movie industry at the moment, with cinema closures and postponed movie releases causing seismic shifts in the movie calendar. Now we know the box office impact of those measures to help stem the spread of the coronavirus.

From March 20 to 26, the US box office made just $5K, according to Box Office Mojo (via Reddit user u/TheDankestMofo). The same time last year, that number was over $200 million.

The low figures make sense. By March 19, virtually all cinemas had shuttered in North America.

In the first quarter of 2020, the US box office suffered a 25% decline in revenue compared to last year, according to The Hollywood Reporter -- a drop of $600 million.

James Bond, Mission Impossible 7 and Wonder Woman are among the movies whose releases or productions have been delayed due to the coronavirus. The setbacks have also seen many theaters struggle to stay afloat.

Scary stuff. Well surviving this thing is more important, its now thinking about whats going to be there on the other end of it.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on April 02, 2020, 10:43:18 AM
Daredevil was the best handicapped hero since Ironsides (starring Raymond Burr).  And Monk (starring Tony Shalhoub) ... is you count his autism as a handicap.

Damn, I forgot about Monk. Haven't seen that in I think actual decades.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on April 04, 2020, 10:54:09 PM
https://www.cnet.com/news/the-us-box-office-made-just-5k-over-the-last-week-in-march/

Scary stuff. Well surviving this thing is more important, its now thinking about whats going to be there on the other end of it.

All your shekels belong to us - Rothschilds?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Just watched The Highway Men with Costner and Harrelson, supposedly true story of the take down of Bonnie and Clyde. I liked it. A bit slow for most of you, but solid entertainment. Harrelson shows some acting chops. I give it a good 8.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: aitm on April 06, 2020, 09:08:16 PM
Just watched The Highway Men with Costner and Harrelson, supposedly true story of the take down of Bonnie and Clyde. I liked it. A bit slow for most of you, but solid entertainment. Harrelson shows some acting chops. I give it a good 8.
Q: Were the "good guys" using BARs?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 07, 2020, 04:10:39 AM
I don't know. I don't know what that is
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on April 04, 2020, 10:54:09 PM

Scary stuff (economic fallout). Well surviving this thing is more important, its now thinking about whats going to be there on the other end of it.
I understand the impact on the economy.  It's a huge hit.  I also understand the health risks and impact on over crowded facilities.  We have been asked by a few right wing leaders to take one on the chin and disregard our health, lives, and safety for the sake of the economy.  OK, but we can also legitimately ask that the economy take one on the chin for the public's health and safety.

Yeah, but it's the economy...

Yeah, but people's lives are at stake... 

These are important issues, and most of it will eventually be decided in corporate boardrooms.  I doubt that we will ever see a public referendum on the issue at the polls.

SGOS

Quote from: aitm on April 06, 2020, 09:08:16 PM
The original Bonnie and Clyde (Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway) was excellent also.  I don't know about historical accuracy, but it was engaging.

Shiranu

Browning Automatic Rifles, the model of gun Clyde was notorious for stealing from the National Guard because of it's larger caliber than the more popular Thompson.

Though I thought they only had the one, with Bonnie preferring a shotgun.

(Had a period where outlaws like them really interested me; lived near where Pat Garrett was killed and buried, so one thing led to another)
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on April 07, 2020, 05:11:38 AM
I understand the impact on the economy.  It's a huge hit.  I also understand the health risks and impact on over crowded facilities.  We have been asked by a few right wing leaders to take one on the chin and disregard our health, lives, and safety for the sake of the economy.  OK, but we can also legitimately ask that the economy take one on the chin for the public's health and safety.

Yeah, but it's the economy...

Yeah, but people's lives are at stake... 

These are important issues, and most of it will eventually be decided in corporate boardrooms.  I doubt that we will ever see a public referendum on the issue at the polls.

There is a war on (all the time).  Individuals are expendable.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

At least one semi-automatic rifle ...

https://www.morphyauctions.com/jamesdjulia/item/lot-1170-historic-remington-model-8-rifle-used-to-kill-bonnie-and-clyde-57943/

I would have used a Thompson!  The criminals had an arsenal that day, two shotguns, three BAR and ten handguns.  Clyde may have been killed by the first shot (head shot) and Bonnie was wounded, possibly by the first shot.  The lawmen used semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and hand guns.  It was a bit like the time the LAPD shot up that house that the Symbionese Liberation Army was holed up in (and mocked in a Clint Eastwood movie).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: aitm on April 07, 2020, 05:09:46 AM
I don't know. I don't know what that is
Well, when looking for an image of a BAR I kind of answered my own question.

Source: https://www.range365.com/guns-highwaymen/
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on April 07, 2020, 06:34:50 AM
At least one semi-automatic rifle ...

https://www.morphyauctions.com/jamesdjulia/item/lot-1170-historic-remington-model-8-rifle-used-to-kill-bonnie-and-clyde-57943/

I would have used a Thompson!  The criminals had an arsenal that day, two shotguns, three BAR and ten handguns.  Clyde may have been killed by the first shot (head shot) and Bonnie was wounded, possibly by the first shot.  The lawmen used semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and hand guns.  It was a bit like the time the LAPD shot up that house that the Symbionese Liberation Army was holed up in (and mocked in a Clint Eastwood movie).
The BAR had the range on the Thompson.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 07, 2020, 08:12:09 AM
The BAR had the range on the Thompson.

Not as cool - as Churchill would have claimed ;-)  Hollywood gangsters always used Thompsons.  The lawmen ambush on Bonnie and Clyde was close enough I bet (they have cover).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.