News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on February 07, 2020, 06:31:55 PM
Cool. Do you have any distortion like the host described, like driving at night or similar?

Optics wants to be round, not oblong.  So always had astigmatism.  Astigmatism most pronounced at night looking at bright streetlights against a dark background.

After nearly going blind in both eyes 15 years ago, due to cataracts, I had both lenses replaced (but coloboma left as is).  Now I am discriminated against for being a cyborg ;-)  Close to this in both eyes ...

https://www.news-medical.net/health/Treating-and-Managing-Colobomas.aspx

This shows one-eye coloboma.  Both my eyes are close to this, with both pupils tilting a bit inward at the bottom.

Since I squint, people don't always notice the bottom distortion, and if they do, are usually too polite to say anything.  Otherwise I might eat their soul!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

The Two Popes - 10/10

Amazing dialog, amazing cinematography, a very interesting story that doesn't shy away from Francis' checkered past in Argentina or Benedict's horrible handling of the child abuse scandal... Sir Anthony Hopkins does amazing, but honestly I think Pryce's Francis is even better.

Absolutely wonderful movie.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Yes, Pope Benedict did the right thing, at the end.  That is unusual circumspection.

The ratings are still out on Pope Francis.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

LoriPinkAngel

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing County  - 9/10  the only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because the crime wasn't resolved even though that is realistic.  It has humor, sadness, suspense and was very moving, everything I like in a movie.

Baruch

Joys of corrupt small town America.  Imagine what Washington DC is like?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on February 07, 2020, 07:17:58 PM
Optics wants to be round, not oblong.  So always had astigmatism.  Astigmatism most pronounced at night looking at bright streetlights against a dark background.

After nearly going blind in both eyes 15 years ago, due to cataracts, I had both lenses replaced (but coloboma left as is).  Now I am discriminated against for being a cyborg ;-)  Close to this in both eyes ...

https://www.news-medical.net/health/Treating-and-Managing-Colobomas.aspx

This shows one-eye coloboma.  Both my eyes are close to this, with both pupils tilting a bit inward at the bottom.

Since I squint, people don't always notice the bottom distortion, and if they do, are usually too polite to say anything.  Otherwise I might eat their soul!
Well that explains why you see things so cockamamie!  😏
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on February 09, 2020, 04:44:31 PM
Well that explains why you see things so cockamamie!  😏

Popeye squints ;-)  Bluto underestimates him.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Been going through old posts and this one stood out to me:

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 02, 2019, 12:30:59 AM
There's a fan theory that, if true, could redeem that scene. The theory is that Rey was created via the Force, making her parents literally no one.

Hydra009

I've been trying to find my post where I said Joaquin Phoenix absolutely deserves an Oscar.  I think that was just in my head.

Anyway, now that he's won an Oscar, I will now say that I predicted it all along.  Hey, it's good enough for evangelicals.

Sal1981

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 09, 2020, 11:41:31 PM
I've been trying to find my post where I said Joaquin Phoenix absolutely deserves an Oscar.  I think that was just in my head.

Anyway, now that he's won an Oscar, I will now say that I predicted it all along.  Hey, it's good enough for evangelicals.
Well, they do get off on predicting the past.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 09, 2020, 11:38:52 PM
Been going through old posts and this one stood out to me:

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 02, 2019, 12:30:59 AM
There's a fan theory that, if true, could redeem that scene. The theory is that Rey was created via the Force, making her parents literally no one.

Yeah, it's a bit odd, if you think about it. Her parents weren't nobodies. They were the emperor's own offspring. They themselves may have amounted to little. It would have made more sense to show Palpatine, but that would have ruined the surprise for the third movie, assuming the guy who did The Last Jedi even got the memo. I dunno. The trilogy just doesn't seem to fit together as well as the previous trilogies did.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

The middle director hadn't seen the first one. Last director had to fix that shit.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 10, 2020, 12:23:08 PM
The middle director hadn't seen the first one. Last director had to fix that shit.

in other words its a convoluted mess by lazy hacks.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on February 10, 2020, 12:40:16 PM

In Hollywood, those who live by celluloid, die by celluloid.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Munch on February 10, 2020, 12:40:16 PM
If that's how you want to read the situation.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers