News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 04, 2020, 07:37:22 AM
Loved Kylo's "Hey!" when he faced the Knights.

But enquiring minds want to know, did they get there on the Knight Bus?
They move at the behest of plot.  Not a moment quicker or slower.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on February 04, 2020, 09:21:30 AMIt's surprising that DC Comics seems so lack luster in their competition with Marvel, only to have them come out with a masterpiece like Joker.
They did it before with Dark Knight.  For them, success happens when they come up with a thoughtful, carefully-planned story and production/direction shows it a lot of love.  When they try to just crank out a hit with little thought and fly by the seat of their pants (read: Justice League, Suicide Squad), they fail and hard.

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 05, 2020, 12:24:17 AM
They did it before with Dark Knight.  For them, success happens when they come up with a thoughtful, carefully-planned story and production/direction shows it a lot of love.  When they try to just crank out a hit with little thought and fly by the seat of their pants (read: Justice League, Suicide Squad), they fail and hard.

Yep. There was a period where they thought "dark" and gritty was what made their films good, rather than actually well-made movies. Hopefully Joker will be a wakeup call on that.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 05, 2020, 12:17:11 AM
They move at the behest of plot.  Not a moment quicker or slower.
Not a Harry Potter fan, I see.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

Justice League and Suicide Squad suffered from a lot of leadership changes, if I'm not mistaken. They both turned out to be something entirely different than what was originally planned at the start of filming. Especially Suicide Squad. From how I understand it, Suicide Squad was a Frankenstein's Monster of clips thrown together into a blender to make a movie.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Blackleaf on February 05, 2020, 11:10:57 AM
Justice League and Suicide Squad suffered from a lot of leadership changes, if I'm not mistaken. They both turned out to be something entirely different than what was originally planned at the start of filming. Especially Suicide Squad. From how I understand it, Suicide Squad was a Frankenstein's Monster of clips thrown together into a blender to make a movie.
"That's okay, we'll fix it in Post."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Blackleaf on February 05, 2020, 11:10:57 AM

Yes, it's not like all their films bomb, and some are in the Marvel ballpark.  They have great characters to offer, but it's hit or miss on production, script, and sometimes casting.  I would add Wonder Woman to their list of good films, although I do have a couple of small things that bothered me, but I doubt anyone else would mind.  Suicide Squad did seem like it was thrown together in haste.  Justice League was enjoyable for the most part, but it wasn't Batman or Man of Steel quality.

Mr.Obvious

Plus, the animated movies tend to rock.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Munch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on February 06, 2020, 12:51:20 AM
Plus, the animated movies tend to rock.

DC's animated features and series are usually top notch. I saw Gotham by gaslight recently, very fun take on the genre. Also been watching the new Harley Quinn series, very funny and a different but very effective take on the DC universe (where supervillains are treated with the same respect as the justice League)
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mr.Obvious

The gf tapes a lot of movies.

Watching 'downsizing' right now.

Guys, I know we don't believe in the power of prayer... But please, please join me in praying for a quick end.

To the movie. Or my life, I don't care.

God, what is this movie.

Munch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on February 07, 2020, 03:29:55 PM
The gf tapes a lot of movies.

Watching 'downsizing' right now.

Guys, I know we don't believe in the power of prayer... But please, please join me in praying for a quick end.

To the movie. Or my life, I don't care.

God, what is this movie.

Aww it can't be that bad your resulting to prayer.

*Reads up IMDb viewers reviews*

Oh.. dear.

Okay, in psychology, they have this thing called going to your happy place. You need to practice the meditation of zoning out, that's the only way your survive this with brain cells intact

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Munch on February 07, 2020, 04:08:43 PM
Aww it can't be that bad your resulting to prayer.

*Reads up IMDb viewers reviews*

Oh.. dear.

Okay, in psychology, they have this thing called going to your happy place. You need to practice the meditation of zoning out, that's the only way your survive this with brain cells intact

I can't not brain prprally no more, Munch. Tell love I family them.

Munch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on February 07, 2020, 04:22:53 PM
I can't not brain prprally no more, Munch. Tell love I family them.

Here watch this, it might restore your faith in the world

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_l04INE-ll8&t=2059s

Baruch

I appreciate the Alien call out in the first segment of the video.  I have coloboma in both eyes, and it is more pronounced than that example.  Been an oppressed minority all my life ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on February 07, 2020, 05:58:41 PM
I appreciate the Alien call out in the first segment of the video.  I have coloboma in both eyes, and it is more pronounced than that example.  Been an oppressed minority all my life ;-)

Cool. Do you have any distortion like the host described, like driving at night or similar?