Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 01, 2019, 05:04:04 PM
"I see Mike's baby elephant."
since you are a male that is all you will see--no fully grown elephant for you!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 01, 2019, 07:20:11 PM
since you are a male that is all you will see--no fully grown elephant for you!!
Ooooh, the big strong hunk is exclusionary. :batseyes:
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

Unlike some of you, I have no desire to care in order which Star Wars movie is a pre-quel, or in the proper order. I just watch em for fun.

If this concerns you, you are welcome to list them in the supposed order they should be for future consideration.
Thank you.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Munch

Honestly I've never much card for space based fantasies overall, the only one I'll rewatch is spaceballs because it mocks the genre, or alien/aliens because it's more about survival horror then about being in space.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on December 07, 2019, 05:02:04 PM
Honestly I've never much card for space based fantasies overall, the only one I'll rewatch is spaceballs because it mocks the genre, or alien/aliens because it's more about survival horror then about being in space.

Nobody can hear you scream (shitty movie) in outer space ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: aitm on December 07, 2019, 04:41:38 PM
Unlike some of you, I have no desire to care in order which Star Wars movie is a pre-quel, or in the proper order. I just watch em for fun.

If this concerns you, you are welcome to list them in the supposed order they should be for future consideration.
Thank you.
Heretic? Straining at gnats and swallowing camels, and then complaining about the taste, is required.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Munch on December 07, 2019, 05:02:04 PM
I'm not a fan of "long string of murders" movies.
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: aitm on December 07, 2019, 04:41:38 PM
Ummm...good for you?

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 07, 2019, 05:51:15 PM
I'm not a fan of "long string of murders" movies.
That's a surprisingly large portion of movies.  Murder mysteries, action/adventure, scifi, horror, fantasy, drama, war documentaries, etc.

I think the only completely safe genres might be rom coms and films geared at children.  Quite the enviable catalogue, no doubt.

Shiranu

The original Terminator movie...

First time seeing it, really really enjoyed it. The animations of the Terminator was fucking "amazing", in a corny and yet still hella cool way. Looked straight outta some music videos I've seen... and honestly I really enjoyed it. The clay-masks on the damaged Arnold mask was great as well.

It was good-bad enough that it didn't bother me and had a very fun feel to it. I liked it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 07, 2019, 07:08:49 PM
That's a surprisingly large portion of movies.  Murder mysteries, action/adventure, scifi, horror, fantasy, drama, war documentaries, etc.

I think the only completely safe genres might be rom coms and films geared at children.  Quite the enviable catalogue, no doubt.
You're estimation of me is silly. I'm talking about the Alien monster movies. None of those people had a chance against that creature until pure chance gave one of them a break. I watch war movies, cop movies, adventure movies, I just don't like one tedious and inevitable death after another.
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 07, 2019, 07:25:28 PM
You're estimation of me is silly. I'm talking about the Alien monster movies. None of those people had a chance against that creature until pure chance gave one of them a break. I watch war movies, cop movies, adventure movies, I just don't like one tedious and inevitable death after another.
So...violence in alien monster movies is unacceptable but violence in war and cop movies is acceptable?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 07, 2019, 07:50:19 PM
So...violence in alien monster movies is unacceptable but violence in war and cop movies is acceptable?
My personal Rule of So is that when a response starts with "SO..." the statement should be examined for a strawman argument.
PZ Myers

aitm

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 07, 2019, 05:50:44 PM
Heretic? Straining at gnats and swallowing camels, and then complaining about the taste, is required.
You’re taking points from Baruch....I have no idea what you mean.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust