Author Topic: Rate the latest movie you've seen.  (Read 369690 times)

Offline Cavebear

Re: Rate the latest movie you've seen.
« Reply #4815 on: September 11, 2019, 06:32:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Strange, you replied it to me.
But that's okay, I can take joke.

As the computer guy said to the flying guy in Independence day, Oops?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

« Reply #4816 on: September 11, 2019, 07:23:40 PM »
Well I sure understand things like not watching football, soccer, tennis, etc.  I generally would rather DO something than watch it.  But baseball?  Thats the time I visit my cat-blogging friends.  Nothing happens for a while and I happily visit.  And when something DOES they replay it!  Its perfect.

Now, that may SEEM like soccer, but in soccer nothing EVER happens.   Baseball is the only sport to not-quite-watch! 

AND, I might add, everyone KNOWS they could play baseball.  Even the pro batters just swing stupid, right?

;)
I used to try and explain/defend my addiction to baseball.  I love everything about it.  Especially the stats.  As a kid I'd go over the stats in all kind of ways--and it did help me in my grammar school math classes.  I loved collecting cards and interacting with others who did the same.  to this day, I love baseball stats--called saber-metrics now, and they can be quite complicated.  And I like watching it, rooting for and against teams/players.  I realize that it is all basically fluff--but it is my fluff.  And it keeps my interest.  I belong to 3 and sometimes 4 baseball simulation leagues--I've been in one since '95.  Great group of guys (48) and I've spent long hours/days/years on that league.  Love it. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?

Offline Baruch

« Reply #4817 on: September 11, 2019, 08:53:15 PM »
I meant Baruch...

But if you want to be easily amused,  e4

Never.  There is nothing amusing about anything.  It is Hell, all the way down.
πŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽŒπŽ€πŽπŽŽπŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€πŽŸπŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽπŽ€πŽπŽ‰πŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€
luu shalmaata luu balt’aata
May you be well, may you be healthy

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #4818 on: September 15, 2019, 03:58:46 AM »
I love Thor: Ragnarok.
'the wise man does not seek enlightenment, he waits for it. so while Δ± was waiting, it occurred to me that seeking perplexity might be more fun.’ - lu-tze

« Reply #4819 on: September 15, 2019, 09:01:33 AM »
I love Thor: Ragnarok.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline Baruch

« Reply #4820 on: September 15, 2019, 09:05:13 AM »
Jojo Rabbit extended trailer was better.

They need to do the same sendup for Stalin and his family.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 09:07:16 AM by Baruch »
πŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽŒπŽ€πŽπŽŽπŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€πŽŸπŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽπŽ€πŽπŽ‰πŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€
luu shalmaata luu balt’aata
May you be well, may you be healthy

Online Hydra009

« Reply #4821 on: September 16, 2019, 06:56:45 AM »
Something that bugs me about the Star Wars sequels:

These movies are narrowly focused on a few characters, lacking any sort of larger context.  The audience isn't told anything about the strategic situation aside from the occassional text scroll.

Obviously, you don't want to go overboard, but it'd be nice to be able to gauge the relative power (and trends) of the factions, what their goals are, what their motivations are, how close they are to achieving their goals, and I'd also like to have some clue as to what the average person thinks about all of this.

We've been so short on details that I thought for sure that The Last Jedi was trying to villify both The Resistance and the First Order as people who have lost all perspective and seek only to refight the last war pointlessly and without meaning.  If you've seen the ending fight of Gundam Wing, that's what I thought they were going for.  Oh how wrong I was.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 07:12:35 AM by Hydra009 »

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #4822 on: September 18, 2019, 01:52:15 AM »

That doesn't look bad, it looks funny actually. But why as a response at my love of Thor: Ragnarok? It was a good move for its genre and with its time in that franchise, a lamely funny, light one. It works. You can't have Thor going through a very interesting story. This is probably the only way to show him like a down to earth, fun loving silly-awkward 'man', as something different. What are they going to write for him? He is not Batman, he is a god king of some magical realm. I like Avengers, but these genre of comic book characters don't stretch much. It's is their nature, this is not Sandman.

What if they had made one with love story in it? With Portman's character or with some Valkyrie... OW

« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 06:40:18 AM by drunkenshoe »
'the wise man does not seek enlightenment, he waits for it. so while Δ± was waiting, it occurred to me that seeking perplexity might be more fun.’ - lu-tze

« Reply #4823 on: September 18, 2019, 06:31:43 AM »
Same director, playing an imaginary Hitler.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #4824 on: September 18, 2019, 06:40:44 AM »
Same director, playing an imaginary Hitler.

Oh I see. Why didn't you say that up there,lol.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk