Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Tolkein 2019

8/10

It was pretty good but it needed more magic

Gawdzilla Sama

Have to see that one.

"Godzilla: King of Monsters". Look, folks, it has "Godzilla" AND "Monsters" in the title. If you're tied to a seat in the theater, you have a right to complain. Otherwise, just enjoy the over-the-top daikaiju stuff.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 27, 2019, 06:36:10 PM
Have to see that one.

"Godzilla: King of Monsters". Look, folks, it has "Godzilla" AND "Monsters" in the title. If you're tied to a seat in the theater, you have a right to complain. Otherwise, just enjoy the over-the-top daikaiju stuff.

Earthly monster movies like Godzilla are not my cup of tea (with exceptions*).  I just can't "suspend my disbelief" for them. 

*  The original King Kong was great for the emotional aspect, and the remake and I saw the brontosaurus stapede while buying a new TV and it blew my socks off.  Plus Jurassic Park seeing the dinosaur CGIs...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAGVQLHvwOY

This movies is going to be incredible.  Maybe Dark Knight quality.

Also, there's a theory going around that this joker is not The Joker, but a sort of proto-joker, an inspiration for the real Mistah J.  I subscribe to this theory.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2019, 11:22:35 PM
Earthly monster movies like Godzilla are not my cup of tea (with exceptions*).  I just can't "suspend my disbelief" for them. 

*  The original King Kong was great for the emotional aspect, and the remake and I saw the brontosaurus stapede while buying a new TV and it blew my socks off.  Plus Jurassic Park seeing the dinosaur CGIs...
I love Big Bug Movies, so daikaiju aren't that much of a stretch. I'm watching "THEM" right now.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 28, 2019, 07:41:00 PM
I love Big Bug Movies, so daikaiju aren't that much of a stretch. I'm watching "THEM" right now.
The one with Whitmore in it?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 28, 2019, 09:10:02 PM
The one with Whitmore in it?
Yep. I screwed up the chronology, running "Them" before "The Thing From Another World." Can you tell me why?
PZ Myers

Sal1981

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 27, 2019, 06:36:10 PM
Have to see that one.

Saw that movie yesterday. The amount of silliness going on was too much for my tastes - 5/10.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Sal1981 on August 29, 2019, 06:30:19 AM
Saw that movie yesterday. The amount of silliness going on was too much for my tastes - 5/10.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

It said "Godzilla" in the title.

It said "Monsters" in the title.
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 29, 2019, 06:24:53 AM
Yep. I screwed up the chronology, running "Them" before "The Thing From Another World." Can you tell me why?
If I remember right (becoming more problematical each day) Thing came before Them. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 29, 2019, 08:59:52 AM
If I remember right (becoming more problematical each day) Thing came before Them. 
Yeah, but there's a more important sequence to consider.
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 29, 2019, 09:32:35 AM
Yeah, but there's a more important sequence to consider.
Okay, ya got me---what's that?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 29, 2019, 10:11:34 AM
Okay, ya got me---what's that?
James Arness was The Thing from Another World, aka the walking carrot. In "Them" he was an FBI agent, you could actually see his face. Shortly after that movie came out, while playing a Greek warrior in a play, Arness was spotted by agent Charles K. Feldman, who represented John Wayne. Feldman introduced Arness to Wayne, who put the self-described 6' 6" actor under personal contract. Arness played several roles over the next few years for and with Wayne, whom he considered a mentor. In 1955, Wayne recommended Arness for the lead role of Matt Dillon in the TV series Gunsmoke (1955).
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 29, 2019, 10:20:34 AM
James Arness was The Thing from Another World, aka the walking carrot. In "Them" he was an FBI agent, you could actually see his face. Shortly after that movie came out, while playing a Greek warrior in a play, Arness was spotted by agent Charles K. Feldman, who represented John Wayne. Feldman introduced Arness to Wayne, who put the self-described 6' 6" actor under personal contract. Arness played several roles over the next few years for and with Wayne, whom he considered a mentor. In 1955, Wayne recommended Arness for the lead role of Matt Dillon in the TV series Gunsmoke (1955).
I liked Arness and Gunsmoke--both listened to it on radio (with William Conrad as Dillon) and on TV.  Conrad's voice was good as Dillon but his physical presence wasn't Dillon-like.  Arness was perfect.  And I had not realized his back-story--thanks.