News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 22, 2019, 02:21:53 PM

For real.  Buy out the company and shut down everything not Spider-Man related.  Go full EA on those jerkwads.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on August 22, 2019, 08:38:19 AM
You may have matured past being a cadre of the Woke World Revolution ... but there are always more 20 somethings where you came from ;-)

Identity politics is a real thing.  And I have the wrong identity according to the Left.  They can make as many Blair Witch Projects as they like.

But I wouldn't even rape that Gillette commercial (borrowed from Sargon of Akkad).

Anyone see "War of the Arrows" ... from 2012.  Warning, low-testosterone suffers won't like this one.

Again, what do your delusions have to do with anything? I post something about Sony and Disney fighting over Spider-Man, and you two go on a mindless rant about identity politics and how the left hate white people. Seriously, WTF are you smoking?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

From an article about the ongoing Sony-Disney dispute:

QuoteFeige is the producer often thought to be the mastermind behind the massive success of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Sony's representative echoed that, saying Sony was "grateful for his help and guidance and appreciate the path he has helped put us on, which we will continue.
Press x to doubt.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 22, 2019, 03:39:20 PM
Again, what do your delusions have to do with anything? I post something about Sony and Disney fighting over Spider-Man, and you two go on a mindless rant about identity politics and how the left hate white people. Seriously, WTF are you smoking?

Maybe because Hollywood is a communist shit hole? (now that Clint has retired)  I play off Munch, because I like him.

Personally I don't care about artistic integrity.  They can have Palestinian bombers (human and anime) play all the Hollywood roles for all I care.

I like the new kid Spiderman, but they can change him out, as often as they did the Batman.

I am not injecting politics into Hollywood, Hollywood is.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on August 22, 2019, 05:30:06 PMMaybe because Hollywood is a communist shit hole? (now that Clint has retired)

This is a matter of capitalism, not communism. For such a smart guy, you say some really stupid things.
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 22, 2019, 06:24:31 PMFor such a smart guy, you say some really stupid things.
If it quacks like a duck...

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 22, 2019, 06:24:31 PM
This is a matter of capitalism, not communism. For such a smart guy, you say some really stupid things.

Ah ... but then the Rothschilds were backing Lenin then?

Money is universal.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

A friend took me out to see Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark.

4/10.  Very predictable, very generic, jumpscare-heavy mess.  The main characters got very little characterization, so I'm not too broken up about any deaths.  And it had the audacity to sequel-bait at the end, which obviously isn't going to happen.

The only good thing is that it tried very hard to tie itself to the source material, and I give them some credit for that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on August 22, 2019, 05:30:06 PM
Maybe because Hollywood is a communist shit hole? (now that Clint has retired)  I play off Munch, because I like him.

Personally I don't care about artistic integrity.  They can have Palestinian bombers (human and anime) play all the Hollywood roles for all I care.

I like the new kid Spiderman, but they can change him out, as often as they did the Batman.

I am not injecting politics into Hollywood, Hollywood is.

Again, this is literally about money.

I get that Hollywood has some really stupid social political leanings, and should be called on it when they go to far with it, but this is literally just Sony wanting more money for a franchise. It's really not any deeper than that.

Making it out to be some grand conspiracy only makes the actual conspiracies seem less believable.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

So for money we could get all of Hollywood to just ... go away?  How much??
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on August 23, 2019, 11:02:28 PM
So for money we could get all of Hollywood to just ... go away?  How much??

I think your asking the wrong question.

It's not how much, it's how little.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on August 23, 2019, 11:05:15 PM
I think your asking the wrong question.

It's not how much, it's how little.

Darn.  Don't have my Monopoly game anymore ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

When it comes to big stores, movie studios, actors, and athletes, I don't really care much about their views.  The product or skill is their important thing. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Blackleaf

Quote from: Shiranu on August 23, 2019, 10:38:07 PM
Again, this is literally about money.

I get that Hollywood has some really stupid social political leanings, and should be called on it when they go to far with it, but this is literally just Sony wanting more money for a franchise. It's really not any deeper than that.

Making it out to be some grand conspiracy only makes the actual conspiracies seem less believable.

Actually, I think it's Disney that asked for more money. They decided they wanted to get a 50/50 split, and Sony's like, "Nah. If you're not happy with our arrangement, we'll go back to making our own movies." It is annoying that Spider-Man is under constant threat of being pulled out of the MCU, but at the same time, Disney is just getting way too big. They own everything.
--Fulke Greville--