Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 20, 2019, 02:54:10 AM
For five or six movies?
Thor has three, Ironman has three, Captain America has three, and there are the ensemble movies, and so one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Marvel_Cinematic_Universe_films
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 20, 2019, 06:22:11 AM
Thor has three, Ironman has three, Captain America has three, and there are the ensemble movies, and so one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Marvel_Cinematic_Universe_films

Ah, I get it, you did not completely read my initial post.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

Okay, so...

Maybe not the most popular opionion. And at the risk of sounding to some of you like how my gf sounded to me when she said she liked the Avatar (the last airbender) movie, without having seen the previous much more praise-worthy animated installment...

I've never seen the anime movie of Ghost in the Shell. I've watched an episode or two of the 2002 series, but I think I was just a tad too young too appreciate it fully. And probably just saw it because I thought the Major was hot.
So, I just want to say, without having seen the anime, the old movie or having read the manga. Without any real foreknowledge of this franchise... I liked the Netflix adaptation.

[spoiler]I just watched it and it was a good-looking and (for the most part) well acted series. I liked Scarlett Johanson and Euron Greyjoy Pilou Asbaek's performances. The visuals were nice. The story was captivating enough to keep me goign. And except for a few plotholes, unanswered questions and different simple things that bug me, (like the Major only having been transformed a year ago, which would make Kuze also only a year post transformation which I find a ridiculously short amount of time for him to create new network to download himself into...) it was very enjoyable. Not movie of the year, good. Of course not. But not bad.[/spoiler]

I hear people complain it goes against the fundamental core of the original work. Which might be so. Perhaps in a while I'll revisit my initial opinion, as I think I'm going to try and watch some of the original stuff now. Perhaps this too will look bad by comparison. But without something to compare it too: I like it.
And at least it got me interested in going into the source material again.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 22, 2019, 06:16:41 PM
Okay, so...

Maybe not the most popular opionion. And at the risk of sounding to some of you like how my gf sounded to me when she said she liked the Avatar (the last airbender) movie, without having seen the previous much more praise-worthy animated installment...

I've never seen the anime movie of Ghost in the Shell. I've watched an episode or two of the 2002 series, but I think I was just a tad too young too appreciate it fully. And probably just saw it because I thought the Major was hot.
So, I just want to say, without having seen the anime, the old movie or having read the manga. Without any real foreknowledge of this franchise... I liked the Netflix adaptation.

[spoiler]I just watched it and it was a good-looking and (for the most part) well acted series. I liked Scarlett Johanson and Euron Greyjoy Pilou Asbaek's performances. The visuals were nice. The story was captivating enough to keep me goign. And except for a few plotholes, unanswered questions and different simple things that bug me, (like the Major only having been transformed a year ago, which would make Kuze also only a year post transformation which I find a ridiculously short amount of time for him to create new network to download himself into...) it was very enjoyable. Not movie of the year, good. Of course not. But not bad.[/spoiler]

I hear people complain it goes against the fundamental core of the original work. Which might be so. Perhaps in a while I'll revisit my initial opinion, as I think I'm going to try and watch some of the original stuff now. Perhaps this too will look bad by comparison. But without something to compare it too: I like it.
And at least it got me interested in going into the source material again.

Don't actually care. lol
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

People make movies out of cartoons and other people complain about that. Fuck 'em.
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Obvious, what have you done?! I can't look at you. :p

I love the animated series. When somebody says it is the only Avatar I remember. I never thought of watching the movie, because it should be obvious to everyone over 20 that these kind of projects go the other way most of the time.

Watch the original Ghost in the Shell, you will like it.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 23, 2019, 12:13:20 PM
Obvious, what have you done?! I can't look at you. :p

I love the animated series. When somebody says it is the only Avatar I remember. I never thought of watching the movie, because it should be obvious to everyone over 20 that these kind of projects go the other way most of the time.

Watch the original Ghost in the Shell, you will like it.

Wilco!

PS, just to be clear, I did  not like the avatar movie

Munch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSwgJVwV7PM&app=desktop&persist_app=1

This is amazing. When Chris Hemsworth, the guy who played a brain dead idiot in Ghostbusters 2016 along with its all female cast, having Him calling out Larson for her bs, that's the point when someone needs to step in and tell her to tone it the fuck down.

Apparently other stars in end game hated working alongside her too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuztqX_r2Ds&app=desktop&persist_app=1

Also, saying she does her own stunts? Nice way of giving respect to your stunt double there XD

She's the gift that keeps giving
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Munch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ3jMs0lVXY

gets better and better.

Sad thing about this is, end game signals the end of an era, end of the MCU as people know and love it. This 'passing of the torch' thing (which is a trope I've always personally found ridiculous in any franchise) it should at least have been a happy moment though the pain of things coming to a close.
But instead, these interviews just show this 'passing of the torch' thing with larson, isn't so much a happy transition. Its showing the end of an era, and whatever comes next won't be anywhere near as good as what came before.

It doesn't matter if an actor can play a role, if they can't be decent human beings outside the role, its going to effect everything else long term.

Gawdzilla Sama

♫It's the end of the world
as we know it,
And I feel fine.♫
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on April 24, 2019, 10:19:38 PMIt doesn't matter if an actor can play a role, if they can't be decent human beings outside the role, its going to effect everything else long term.

Decent human beings? She's not molesting children. You just don't appreciate her political opinions. What is with people acting like SJWs are the worst threat on the planet? I don't give a damn. I watched the Captain Marvel movie, and I enjoyed it, even more than the reviewers (the non-alt-Right ones I pay attention to) had me expecting I would.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 25, 2019, 10:16:59 AM
Decent human beings? She's not molesting children. You just don't appreciate her political opinions. What is with people acting like SJWs are the worst threat on the planet? I don't give a damn. I watched the Captain Marvel movie, and I enjoyed it, even more than the reviewers (the non-alt-Right ones I pay attention to) had me expecting I would.

you know, considering this is a forum that often makes debates about peoples political opinions and how much they suck as people (trump post No:298) Its funny people called out for criticizing an actress for the same reason. Also claiming anyone who doesn't like brie larson must be an alt righter, lol.

Like the movie all you want, she's still a garbage human being. I guess I just have more value in watching actors based on their personality more then their acting credits.