News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

I wasn't planning to go see anything in theaters until Godzilla comes out, but my mother talked me into going to see Apollo 11 with her.

I really enjoyed the way the clips were strung together, and the score does a fantastic job of putting you on the edge of your seat despite the fact that anyone watching already knows everything ended up okay. Calmer segments are marked by upbeat piano and orchestra, while more intense points drop to very low-bass electronic music that gets your blood running.

Apparently most of the footage comes from a documentary that never ended up being made. The cameramen ran out of "interesting" things to film and ended up pointing the cameras at onlookers and random NASA personnel. Quite fortunate for us, though, since it lets Apollo 11 put us right in the moment and see how people were actually reacting at the time; both inside and outside mission control.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

But was it really NASA or Memorex?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 07, 2019, 06:07:04 AM
Have you seen "First Man"?

I saw the original when it happened.  I was joking before.  However with "First Man" that wasn't an American accomplishment.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Ah, the Tralfamadorians were the first on the Moon. Got it.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 07, 2019, 08:59:26 AM

No ... identitarian Black Panthers.  Wakanda you know.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 07, 2019, 08:59:26 AM

Wasn't it the Skrulls and the Kree in the Watchers' last intervention contest (the disaster of which CAUSED them to become "The Watchers")? 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

I just watched Mr. Frost. It was OK, but only because Jeff Goldblum was in it, playing the Devil.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

I think I need to check Verizon free movies to see if 'Thor: Ragnarok' is available yet. 

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on March 07, 2019, 05:49:55 PM
Wasn't it the Skrulls and the Kree in the Watchers' last intervention contest (the disaster of which CAUSED them to become "The Watchers")? 
I'll take Kurt Vonnegut over Stan Lee.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 07, 2019, 06:12:27 PM
I'll take Kurt Vonnegut over Stan Lee.

Vonnegut Novels‎: ‎14
Stories‎: ‎123
Other works‎: ‎3
Plays‎: ‎7

Stan Lee Comic books.  While this is difficult to pin down, one site mentioned 32,000 Marvel Comic Books some of which were not Stan Lee.  So let's say 25,000.

'Nuff said?

Munch

my brother got aquaman on his works VPN

jason momoa goodness.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 07, 2019, 05:59:00 PM
I just watched Mr. Frost. It was OK, but only because Jeff Goldblum was in it, playing the Devil.

So your hell froze over?  Neat!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on March 07, 2019, 06:21:53 PM
Vonnegut Novels‎: ‎14
Stories‎: ‎123
Other works‎: ‎3
Plays‎: ‎7

Stan Lee Comic books.  While this is difficult to pin down, one site mentioned 32,000 Marvel Comic Books some of which were not Stan Lee.  So let's say 25,000.

'Nuff said?
Yeah, Lee did comic books. 'Nuff said.
PZ Myers

Hydra009

I just saw Captain Marvel.

I intentionally tried to avoid all the drama and politics and theories and come into it fresh.  I absolutely loved this movie.  9/10.  One of the better Marvel movies for sure.  I'd rate it up there alongside Guardians of the Galaxy, which is my third favorite.  (Infinity War is #2 and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is my all-time favorite)

Great special effects, surprisingly good plot, decent characters, good world-building, even a few chuckle-worthy moments.  I also got a nostalgia boner for the 90s music.

Watch it and know that there are two post-credits scenes.  Break anyone's legs who tries to leave the movie theater early.  And Youtube is no excuse for leaving early.  Youtube is for quitters.  Quitters with broken legs.